38: Challenge 5

"My father always says that even if we are daughters, we are still daughters of the Generals. So knowing about military skills is a must for us." Amara began.

These words, however, garnered different expressions from the crowd.

Most of the crowd gasped.

Doña Labella couldn't help sitting properly as she could already see where Amara's words were going to.

Nero and Sancho frowned. There was also a hint of worry on their faces.

While those four ladies were smiling big right now.

But what was extraordinary, was the fact na instead na mag-alala, Malia and Victoria were both sighed in relief.

Then they also began to smile.

Of course, if they could smile at this very moment, Yumi could also too. Though mabilis lang ding nawala ang ngiti sa labi niya and kept her expression impassive.

However, her eyes couldn't hide its sparkle at all.

"So my challenge for Binibining Yumi this time will be about firing gun." Amara finished her challenge and expectantly looked at Yumi.

She was naturally expecting fear on her face. But aside from that weird glint on her eyes, her face was not giving away any expression at all.

Napataas ang kilay ni Amara. Then she shrugged.

Oh well, she could hide her fear and pretend to be brave all she want but sooner or later, her true colors would be showing in front of everyone.

"This... Amara, are you sure about this? Yumi might not be..." Doña Labella began to express her worry towards the challenge and Yumi.

But she was cut off by Amara's chuckle.

"Don't worry, Doña Labella. If Binibining Yumi is not comfortable with the challenge, I will be willing to give her an advantage. After all, we are all generals' daughters. Even Helena and Agatha know how to shoot a gun. Though not perfect as me, of course. Anyway, I think it is just normal for us to expect more from the Great General's daughter." Then she looked at Yumi.

"My rule is simple, Binibining Yumi. There are going to be two people throwing bottles with different colors. Red and Blue. We will shoot the bottles according to the color of our choices.

"If we successfully shoot the bottles, then the two people will move 5 meters away from the original position. We will continue doing that until one of us can no longer shoot the bottles.

"Please feel free to tell me about how you want to adjust the rules according to your preference, Binibining Yumi." Amara even smiled at her good naturedly, as if the challenge she had thought was not meant for the latter to fail miserably.

Meanwhile, Yumi looked at Amara and just smiled at her sweetly too. This was the kind of sweet smile which brought Victoria a shiver on her back and gave Malia goosebumps.

"Advantage is not needed. I have two things to change though, Binibining Amara."

"Please say so."

"Let's use rifles and make the distance 10 meters instead of 5, can we?"

This made the crowd gasp loudly this time and took away the smile from the four ladies.

Victoria and Malia could only pursed their lips though.

'Show off!' They both thought.

"Binibining Yumi, are you sure about this?" Doña Labella asked.