47: Little Celebrations 1

"Hi..."

Yumi rolled her eyes the moment a carriage stopped in front of her and Mateo's grinning face appeared from the window.

It was early in the morning but both of them were already wearing formal clothings since they would be going to Don Enrico's mansion.

Last night, both of them had received a message from the don, telling them that he was extending a congratulation to both of them for finally deciding a wedding date and that Doña Silvanna liked to prepare a small brunch for them as celebration.

Mateo told her that he would pick her up upang sabay silang magpunta doon.

That's why he was here.

"Bad morning?"

"Scoot over now para makaalis na tayo." Yumi ignored his question and told him this instead.

Mateo, still with his happy smile, gave space to her, at the same time, offered his hand to help her get in the carriage.

She accepted his hand and soon, they were sitting side by side.

"Let's go?"

The lady just nodded and the carriage already took off.

***

"Oh my! Congratulations, you two!" Masiglang salubong sa kanila ni Doña Silvanna.

Yumi even thought na mangiyakngiyak pa ito. She almost grimaced but she remembered her manners and ettiquete whenever she was facing this family.

Somehow, she gained a lot of respects towards Don Enrico and Doña Silvanna. After attending every alliance meetings in this mansion these past few weeks, she couldn't help but to think that the don was really good in being a leader. No, scratch that. Actually, he was meant to be one.

So, kahit pa natatangi ang pagtrato sa kaniya ng dalawa dahil bukod sa may alliance sila ay Ninang din siya ni Sedric, still she had to be courteous towards them.

Anyway, matapos siyang yakapin ng husto ng tuwang tuwa na si Doña Silvanna, she was now facing Don Enrico.

He opened his arms to her with a big smile on his face. She walked towards him for a quick hug.

Actually, this don was like a big brother to her kapag hindi nila kaharap ang ibang alliance member.

He tapped her head and then held her at arms length.

"You know I have also waited for you two to do this on your own."

Napailing na lang si Yumi dahil doon. She was aware of that.

Hindi ba at iilang beses rin siyang pinahapyawan ng dalawa tungkol sa kasalang na ito? Though wala naman silang napag-usapan noon kung hanggang kelan ang engagement nila ni Mateo but still the main agreement between them was all about this marriage.

"It's happening, Enrico. Don't be so uptight now. Baka matakot mo si Mayumi." Saway ng doña sa asawa.

Napailing naman silang tatlo. They just had one word in mind at that moment, 'Impossible.'

Matakot si Yumi? Nah...

Doña Silvanna just had no idea.

Anyway, the two were ushered by the couple inside their house.

The food had yet to be ready so sa sala muna sila dinala ng mga ito.

Sakto namang pagbaba ni Sedric when they reached the room.

Yumi was used na kada makikita siya ng bata ay lalapitan na agad siya nito. Don't get her wrong. She still wasn't good at kids. But Sedric liked her so much, you know. Nasanay na lang din siya na lagi itong nakabuntot sa kanya sa tuwing makikita niya ito.