114: Safe Area

"I save you just now. You owe me." Amara told Yumi as soon as makalapit siya sa mga ito.

"Amara, what are you doing here?" Malia asked her.

"I came with my father, of course. What about you three? I am certain your father would not bring you along here. You are useless in this fight after all."

Malia and Victoria felt a slight depression after looked down by Amara like that. She was right though. The two of them didn't know how to fight so they were really useless in that war.

However, they wanted to save Gwen. Unfortunately, they also failed to do that too.

"You want to exchange blows now?" Yumi asked Amara who just rolled her eyes.

"Do you really have to be careless? Aren't you pregnant with twins?"

"How did you know that?"

"My father told me before I left his side."

"You are pregnant?" Kunot noong tanong ni Victoria sa kanya. Her grief about what had happened just minutes ago were already gone. Instead, after she heard what Amara had said, napalitan agad iyon ng concern para sa kapatid.

They didn't notice anything since they were absorbed with their issues with Don Luis a while ago. Also, Yumi's mestiza dress made it hard fore anyone to realize she was pregnant.

But damn! She just fought a lot of people and she was pregnant?! It was so dangerous.

"Twins?!" Malia reacted in shock too.

"I know. And they are boys." Yumi said with a sigh.

Malia felt a sense of fear. Why, this was just like having another set of her Kuyas. Somehow, she felt a foreboding despair. Would her nephews bully her too in the near future?

"Talk about the babies later. For now, let's bring you three to the safe zone first."

Amara didn't have to tell them more. The three of them ended up surrounding Yumi, so much for her surprised.

All her life, she was the one defending people. But to be protected by these unskilled ladies just because of her condition, somehow gave warmth to her heart.

She was gratified, but it didn't mean she would just stay in the middle and do nothing.

She started handing Malia, Victoria and Amara those secret weapons and explosives and instructed them how to use them. Fortunately, they were quick learners and were able to use them properly in one try.

Malia and Victoria were using the secret weapons and explosives to the sides. Amara also kept anyone from going near them at the back with her guns while Yumi was using her black fan to pave way in front of them.

And by their teamwork, they finally reached Mateo's side.

***

Mateo was attacking several enemies together with General Vicente when he felt something indescribable.

It felt like his little wife was just nearby.

He trusted his instinct and roamed his eyes at the battlefield.

Hindi nga nagkamali ang kutob niya.

He met Yumi's eyes who was just retrieved the blades of her black fan from the enemies in front of her.

"Little wife..." Mateo murmured.

"What?" General Vicente asked while was still busy fighting. When Mateo didn't answer, he looked back but the lad was no longer there.