105: Opening up 2

Nothing could take away the good mood Mateo had the next following days.

Not even after Yumi had went back to her usual self and scolded him thoroughly.

Well, she was also the reason of his good mood anyway.

First, he found out the reason why she was not giving him mission was because she was afraid of him getting injured and not because of trust issues.

(He actually just assumed this by their conversation that night. But in truth, Yumi meant that while Kami and Rui knew how to assess the situation and back down if they needed to, she knew Mateo would still push through the mission despite the danger. Of course, it had something to do with impressing her and the likes.)

Second, she showed real feelings towards him.

Yumi was actually very embarassed by this and so she ended up scolding Mateo badly the next day. But he only took it as another phase of her "showing real feelings".

Lastly, she initiated to hug him.

She was a bit irritated with how happy Mateo was because of her actions and words that night. But then, that was also the reason why she decided to just ignore her own annoyance.

If he was happy, then let him be.

He didn't marry her to be miserable. Besides, she wasn't made of stone at all. She saw all the efforts he put in their relationship. And actually, bukod doon sa nag-iisang pagkakataon na nadisappoint siya sa lalaki which was caused by Don Enrico, he never really made her feel the same way again all throughout the years na kilala niya ito, married or not.

She was just really being stubborn by being too distant with him. Maybe because she didn't want to have that kind of relationship in her life again. Her failure in the past had costed her own life after all.

But she somehow wanted to believe that things were different now.

How could she still escape this relationship anyway when soon she would have three children with Mateo?

And when she saw all those wounds in his body that night, she actually realized something. She cared about him. He had somehow made it into her walls otherwise, she wouldn't feel the way she felt after seeing him bleeding and wounded. 

Apparently, Her brothers were right. She should give to him more feelings and care this time.

After all, mukhang hindi din naman siya balak pakawalan ng lalaki. Utmost, both of them would really end up growing old together in this lifetime.

And so, Yumi had changed her stance towards Mateo too.

Even the people around them noticed it greatly.

Eto nga at hindi na nakatiis si Kami na hindi siya kausapin.

"So... I see you have decided about Mateo. Was it because he was gone for some days that your heart really grows fonder to him? Or was it because of his bleeding wounds you have tended?"

Yumi rolled her eyes at him but didn't answer right away. This conversation actually really embarassed her.

"Tell me. I am your best friend, right? Napalitan na ba ang ranggo ko? Is Mateo your first in rank now?"

"Shut up, Kami. Stop teasing me."

"That question about rank is serious though."

She sighed. "I just take all your advices. Giving him a chance. That's all."

"Good. You open up to him. Anyway, it is about time you really do that. Actually, you should have done that noon pa lamang na kinasal kayo or when you got pregnant with Amie. But again, if you are not that stubborn, how are you going to be Yumi then?"