43: Ideas 3

(A/N: My thank-you gift to y'all for making AQR1 reach its 200k reads. 🥲🥲🥲)

The party had soon ended.

The guests felt satisfied as one by one, they walked towards the gate of the mansion.

Mateo, Yumi, Malia and Victoria didn't went home yet. They were waiting for their father to finish his meeting with the Governor General.

Their grandmother had long been home since she was already old and could no longer stay to these kind of parties "for too long".

When Yumi and Victoria heard that excuse, they just shook their heads. Yeah, right? Their Lola was too old for these parties?

They would believe that if they had another grandmother who wasn't famous for organizing the best parties in L City.

They believed that the real reason why the old woman would go home that early was because she didn't want to be rude as she would surely get bored to that party. Naturally, it wasn't in her standard.

Anyway, the four of them were at the garden drinking teas when Mateo and Yumi suddenly excused themselves. Maglalakad lakad lamang daw sila.

Gustuhin mang sumama ng dalawa, but they needed to be sensitive about those two.

They were couples so naturally they needed time on their own.

Meanwhile, Mateo and Yumi excused themselves dahil na rin nakabalik na yung shadow guard ng binata.

They walked away from those two ladies and secretly met the shadow guard.

"Lady Boss, it is done."

"Great. Thanks a lot." Then she handed him a bottle of medicine. "Take this as your reward. This will help toughen up your body."

The shadow guard was surprised. He didn't expect to receive a reward from the Lady Boss.

After all, he had a salary as he worked under Mateo so naturally, he wasn't used in receiving rewards. He unconsciously looked at Mateo.

"Take it now. Since this is my command this time, it is natural for me to give you something as reward."

The guard took the medicine and kept it in his pocket. But he didn't dare to think of using it. Most especially when he saw the scowling expression on Mateo's face.

Well, this petty lad, at the moment, was actually feeling pissed at the shadow guard. He knew how precious those medicine concocted by his little wife.

And this entire time, he had never received any of those medicine from her. Not even a piece of her pills.

So how come she easily handed one bottle to his shadow guard?

Didn't he deserve a reward instead since he let her borrow him?

Mateo was almost brooding because of this.

But Yumi had no idea about this.

Instead, she pulled his arm so they finally could see the result of her plan.

She was obviously excited.

Mateo sighed and just pushed his moping at the back of his mind.

He grabbed her hand and hooked it on his arm so they would be walking side by side instead.

Yumi didn't call him out about this. Instead, she just let him lead her towards their destination.

Both of them walked together and those people na nakasalubong nila simply thought that they wanted to see those outer areas of the mansion. This place was so big anyway. And there were lots of interesting places here.