20: M Capital 2

"When are Lavina and Isabel going to arrive?" Helena asked this instead at hindi pinatulan si Agatha.

The latter's eyes squinted a little towards Helena but didn't taunt her anymore.

Then she lazily said, "Are they even coming today?"

"Maybe they just get delayed from the Governor General's mansion." Amara simply said.

Lavina and Isabel were the only two daughters of the Governor General amongst his thirteen children.

The five of them belonged to the top of the food chain so naturally, they were in the same circle.

Victoria and Yumi could have been part of that circle too, except, they had never been in the M Capital before and never mingled with them yet.

They were still about to see whether the two fit with them. One thing was for sure though, Helena already had her eyes towards that Mayumi.

***

Meanwhile...

That same morning, Mateo and Yumi were in a carriage patungo sa residence nila Don Enrico at Doña Silvanna.

Yumi had already graduated. She had also exhausted all her excuse to not participate in the alliance. It was time for her to do her part of the bargain.

"Did you even rest?" Mateo asked her.

Yumi completely ignored Mateo.

This was always their situation whenever they were not in front of anybody else.

She would refrain talking to him unless it was necessary.

Oh but then again, it was only for Yumi. Mateo, of course, had his own set of norms on his own.

When Yumi was ignoring him like this, naturally, he wouldn't just let her be. He would rather her getting pissed of him rather than treating him like an air.

A sly smile appeared on his face. He leaned down and was inching his face towards Yumi.

"Little wife, you are ignoring me again."

Of course, because he caught her offguard, Yumi could only lift her hand to punch his face away from him. But Mateo had already held her hand before it even reached his face.

Yumi was forced to look up with Mateo. Her face grimaced in annoyance with him.

Well, as what he said, this was better than ignoring him.

"Yah, Mateo..."

"Yes, little wife."

"Ilang beses ko bang sasabihin sayo na wag mo akong tatawagin ng ganyan? I am not little anymore." She said with a frown. She was truly displeased but her words were ambiguous and completely missed to express her point.

"But big wife doesn't suit you."

Yumi pinched Mateo's both cheek using her one hand. She did this a lot whenever Mateo's face would move his face very near to her.

(A/N: Refer to picture above. That was also what she did during their little rendevouz in Mateo's room. 😉)

"You are really irritating, you know."

"I'll behave if you give me a peck."

"Using my fist, you want?"

Mateo chuckled and removed her hand from his face.

He didn't let go of it, anyhow. Instead, he entwined her hand to his and put it on his lap before sitting properly and contently. He even had a satisfied look on his face.

"Let go."

"This or a kiss?"

Yumi glared at him. But she didn't argue anymore. Anyway, malapit na din naman silang bumaba. Might as well start the act now.

Her defiance though brought Mateo glee.

***

"Yumi!" This excited feminine voice, of course, came from Doña Silvanna.

When Mateo and her arrived the mansion, it seemed like the guards were already waiting for the two of them.

They brought her in a garden which was so huge that a lot of kind of flowers and plants were there.

Mateo and she waited there while the servants served them refreshements.

Hindi rin naman nagtagal at dumating na ang Doña.

She excitedly approached Yumi and held her at arms length.

"My, my... Look at you. Are you getting more gorgeous as you grow older? Your shorter hair suits you. Even your shedding of your childish air just made you even look perfect."

Give it to Doña Silvanna to exaggerate things.

However, her words naturally pleased Yumi so much. This was why the two of them clicked together so much.

One was a natural flatterer and the other liked to be flattered so much.

Mateo, who was watching them, could only shake his head.

"Doña Silvanna, you are still the best fan of mine."

Both ladies chuckled.

Then the doña asked them to sit again before she poured herself a juice and drank it.

"How was your travel? I heard hapon na kayo nakarating sa mansion niyo kahapon. I thought you will be resting so I stop Enrico from sending people to fetch you today. But I guess, people like you don't just simply rest, eh? Anyway, I am so glad na dito na kayo titira mula ngayon. Let me bring you around the city one of these days, okay?" Sunod sunod na sabi ng doña.

Napatawa lang naman si Yumi because she definitely could tell how thrilled the Doña was.

"Silvanna, tone down a little. Baka maoverwhelm si Yumi."

They all looked at the door kung saan din nanggaling si Doña Silvanna and of course, they found Don Enrico there. It was noticeable too that a small child was standing behind him while clutching his leg.

The don beamed upon seeing Yumi.

"Welcome, Yumi."

"Thank you, Don Enrico."

The don began to approach them so the small child had no choice but to walk with him while holding a part of the don's pants.

"Sedric, stop hiding behind your father and meet your Ninang and Ninong."

Noong una ay nanatili lang ito sa likod ng papa niya and was just peeking a little to see Yumi and Mateo. But after being encouraged by his father and mother several times and the fact that she found Yumi pleasing to his eyes, he began to walk forward.

Don Enrico gave him a push and he ended up face to face with Yumi.

He blushed and looked away upon seeing the pretty lady upclose.

"You are Sedric?"

The kid nodded.

"Wow, you definitely grow a lot these past years."

"I... I have received all of your gifts, Ninang. They are all great. I love them." Sedric said cutely.

Yes, Sedric was such a very cute kid. He has big black eyes, small face and bun-like cheeks.

But in Yumi's eyes...

'Damn, the little demon grows like this already? In no time, will he be a full-pledged demon then?'

Alas, if Don Enrico, Doña Silvanna and Sedric had only knew what she was thinking right at that moment, they would definitely coughed up blood, wouldn't they?

Anyway, after some introduction and casual conversation, Don Enrico ushered Yumi and Mateo to a private room to get directly to the real purpose of their meeting.

***