93: Next Move

Those who attacked the plaza that day was branded as Outlaws by Don Enrico.

However, because Yumi and her people were wearing masks that day, no one really knew who they were, except for Don Enrico. Hindi naman basta basta pwedeng akusahan nila sila Yumi. Their family still had that great reputation amongst the people so if they told everyone that it was them who attacked that day and presented no evidence at all, sila lang din ang masisira.

And so Don Enrico could only issue a command to the people to find out about these men in black. He even offered a huge amount of reward money which quickly sent a lot of people in frenzy just to find these mysterious attackers.

But then again, that was just a show.

His real action against Yumi and her people began that very day of failed execution.

He had the Deputy General mansion surrounded by the puppets.

But then the place was already vacated.

Then he commanded to do the same in Great General mansion.

However, when Doña Silvanna heard about it, she concluded right away that Don Enrico wanted to harm Yumi's family.

And so she insisted to see Don Enrico and told him,

"You cannot touch Yumi's family. If you really must then might as well kill me and Sedric too!"

Don Enrico almost vomitted blood after that.

When he was fighting Yumi, his second wife had willingly stood between them just to save him. Now, his first wife was asking him to kill her and their son just for the sake of Yumi's family.

Why was it that this woman would willingly take the side of his enemy?

Why couldn't she be like his second wife?

This thoroughly angered him and commanded to send Doña Silvanna and Sedric in one of the small rooms in the mansion. They would be kept there and not allowed to go out at all.

After that, a great change had happened in the whole country then.

The next action Don Enrico and his people had taken was to force Great General Vicente to surrender the military tally to them.

Military Tally signified the Governor General's trust to Great General. This allowed the latter to command the whole army of their country.

However, Don Enrico didn't exactly trust General Vicente. Although he might not know about his daughter's other life, but he still couldn't let him to continue to hold the greatest power under his regime.

At the beginning, General Vicente kept holding on the tally. But Don Enrico began pressuring him by locking him and his family within the residence.

After several months of holding on, the Great General finally let go.

Don Enrico kept him as General still. But it was obviously his way to keep him in check.

Out of indignation though, General Vicente decided to take his whole family back to L City then. Doña Teresa and Malia had gone back with them.

His original army followed him back to L City but those who remained in Military was still many.

Meanwhile, the other generals had also gone back to their respective cities.

In fact, nauna na si General Hidalgo na magbalik sa C City.

When Yumi rescued Helena, she asked some of her men to secretly bring her out of the capital the same day. It was also according to their agreement of General Hidalgo.

Helena hid herself well in their mansion in C City when she finally arrived there. Naturally, mansions like theirs had secret passages and rooms. Kaya naman ng dumating doon ang mga tauhan ni Don Enrico upang maghalughog, they found nothing.

Then the next day, saka lang bumalik doon si General Hidalgo.

In actuality, Don Enrico didn't want to use these generals and their armies anymore. He had the military tally now, meaning, the command of the army in the Capital was his now. Also, he had the Puppet Army to add in his power this time.

During the failed execution, although Yumi and her men found out about the existence of Puppet Army, he was actually not that concern about them finding out about it. It was because he saw that his puppets were able to push back Yumi's people that day. She even retreated right away.

Kaya naman he easily concluded that Yumi was also wary about them. Because of this, he didn't think Yumi's group would be back anytime soon in the capital.

He still had enough time to prepare well.

Also, he could keep pressuring the other side to continue hiding because of his country wide manhunt he issued to the citizens. Just the reward was enough to keep a lot of people looking for them.

Bukod pa syempre ang katotohanang kayang kaya niyang gamitin ang mga taong mahahalaga kay Yumi laban sa babae.

The Sybills and Portabellos might be back in their ancestral houses but it didn't mean they were already safe from his grasps.

The same day they came back to L City, he sent some of his puppets to stand guard outside their mansion and residence. He also did that to the mansions of the other three Generals.

Now, after Don Enrico secured the military power to be concentrated on his side, he proceeded in changing the Medical aspect of the country then.

First, he promoted Doctor Benedicto as his National Advisor as per what they had agreed upon noong magkasundo silang magtutulungan upang maging Governor General si Don Enrico.

Then he established a Department of Medicine led by Don Luis. The goal of this department was for them to monopolize all the hospitals and any thing related to medicine.

In Adarna Society, Doctor Benedicto had secured his position as Head of the organization despite Erika's sudden come back. She was trying to balance out the organization but it was proving not to be that easy at all.

Anyway, ordinary people would only think that this changes were implemented in order for the Government to monitor the Medical field. But in reality there were more deeper purpose for this.

However, iilan lamang ang nakakaalam noon.

Others might feel that there were more into this new Department but they wouldn't be able to prove their theories soon enough.

Months would pass and these implementations would settle well all over the country, completely making the Government powerful in terms of Military and Medical aspect of their society.

***