29: Invited 2

Five years ago, Yumi and Kami approached Sancho several times and told him that they wanted to befriend him. He didn't mind it at all and entertained them well.

They had met several times and talked a lot about certain things. Sometimes, he even felt weird because the two of them would talk about some things that he didn't have no idea about but he felt as if they were expecting him to know.

Aside from that, he was actually enjoying their company. For someone like him who was raised and trained to be the next leader of a country, yet suddenly fell from grace, these kind of unexpectedly found friendship were already too rare. And he honestly wanted to hold on and treasure it.

But then one day, the two just stopped meeting with him suddenly.

What he didn't know was, at this point of time, Yumi and Kami had already ascertained that Sancho had no memories of past life. Though they were still unsure whether he was also a transmigrated soul like them but they already stopped meeting him because Yumi already had enough.

Sancho tried to invite them some times but got rejected because they were "occupied at the moment" daw. When this happened several more times, he eventually stopped inviting them.

Then Yumi moved here in M Capital which was his turf.

He was actually hopeful to continue their "friendship" back then. He wanted to get closer to her once again.

But... he had a pressing feeling that whatever the reason they had for stop meeting him back then, was making her hesitant to get acquainted with him again this time.

In fact, he felt as if she was treating him coldly which was actually weird since she didn't show anything on her face which related to that word at all.

"How's Kami? It's been a while since the three of us went out together. How about we eat out some time? I can give you a tour around the capital." Sancho genuinely tried to converse and offer to her.

What he didn't expect was Yumi's snorting after he said those to her.

Then she stood straight and looked at him. She was smiling but her eyes didn't seem to match her expression at all.

"Ginoong Sancho, don't do this please. The offer of friendship had long been expired. Kami and I don't need to be acquainted with you anymore." She said harshly towards him which surprised him greatly.

Then she turned her back on him and was about to walk away.

But Sancho's hand reacted on their own and reached for her hand to stop her.

Yumi quickly looked back at him with an icy glare towards him.

Once again, Sancho was stunned by the ferocity of her gaze.

It was as if she abhorred him... so much.

His hand shook but he didn't let go. He couldn't let go.

His eyes landed on his hand na nakahawak pa rin sa mga kamay ng dalaga. Then his heart began to feel anxiousness. He also couldn't understand himself anymore at that time.

He looked up at Yumi again and met her eyes. He had an impulse to ask her what was happening as if she could really answer that question on his behalf. But words got stuck in his throat at that very moment.

"Let go." Yumi said while gritting her teeth. She was about to lose control. If he remained holding her hand for a little bit longer, she was definitely going to reach for her blade right away and stabbed it on his heart. The impulse to kill him was almost too hard for her to contain within her.

Meanwhile, Sancho had actually no idea why she was showing that much of hatred towards him. He didn't want to let go because he was afraid of her walking away from him which was already too weird even for him. Why did he seem scared to be left out by her? As if he was going to lose her... again?

At that moment, his heart was beating so much because of the tension surrounding the two of them.

"I..."

Yumi's eyes glinted dangerously. At magsasalita pa talaga siya. And his hand... Why the hell was he still holding her hand? She was about to take a move right that very moment...

Her available hand was already reaching for the hidden blade on his hair...

But Mateo was suddenly there and he tactfully made Sancho's hand let go of Yumi's.

This action of his surprised the two of them and instantly broke the tension between them.

Yumi was still frowning but the anger in her heart was already subsiding as her eyes fixed on Mateo who stood in front of her to block her view of Sancho. Then he lifted her hand na hinablot niya kanina mula sa pagkakahawak ng binata and brought it towards his lips without breaking the eye contact with her.

"Little wife, did you miss me?" He asked her with a smirk on his face.

Yumi just scoffed at him. She was still pissed to the point na hindi siya makapagsalita because she might end up saying things she shouldn't have.

Mateo, on the other hand, somehow understood her feelings at the moment.

He chuckled. His hand continued to hold her hand, even entwined their fingers together and made sure that she wouldn't be able to let go easily from his grip.

Then he stood beside her so the two of them would be facing Sancho together.

"Sancho, thank you for accompanying my fianceè. I will take care of her now." He told the guy before he began leading Yumi away from that place.

Sancho had a complicated expression on his face as he watched the two of them walking away together.

He couldn't understand why his heart was like being squeezed when he witnessed Mateo kiss Yumi's hand. He didn't know why he felt a rush of anger as he watched Mateo take her away from him. And why did he feel so dejected as he also turned to the opposite direction to walk away from that place.

All in all, Sancho couldn't understand himself anymore.

***