113: Parachute 2

Yumi was right.

Down below, Malia and Victoria were surrounded by Don Luis and his people. And he was indeed trying to convince Victoria to take their sides.

Victoria was in tears right now.

She thought all the Santiagos had been annihilated six years ago. She never expected to meet her uncle this way.

Anyway, the reason why Malia and she were here at the capital instead of the safety of L City, was because they wanted to convince Gwen to go back with them.

They wanted to take advantage of the war to get near her.

Unexpectedly, Don Luis found them before they could even reach Gwen. And instead, she was now the one who was being convinced to join the other side than the latter.

"Come, Victoria. Join me. Let's avenge your grandfather and mother. It was that Mayumi who killed them. You should be taking revenge to her rather than taking her side."

"Don't listen to him, Victoria. You and Yumi are sisters!"

It was all Malia could say.

It was because Don Luis had said the same thing about Yumi killing Victoria's whole family a while ago and she did try to defend Yumi. However, Victoria confirmed to her Yumi really did that and she knew it all along.

Just how could she defend that again?

Besides, it somehow made her question if she really knew the real Yumi was. How could she not? As she recalled the time the Santiagos had been pronounced dead by execution, it was actually after the death of Lolo Pikit too.

So if Yumi really did kill the Santiagos, it meant she did it as revenge for her beloved Lolo.

She understood that Yumi was the kind who never ever wanted to be slighted even for a little bit. But murder?

Anyway, she pushed the thought at the back of her head. She would save it later when all of these things were done.

As of now, she had to make sure that Victoria wouldn't turn against them just because of what had happened years ago.

"Victoria, think of your father and your lola."

"That Vicente and Doña Margarita?" Don Luis scoffed. "I say, they all consented for that Mayumi to murder your mother and lolo, Victoria. Because your father had a changed of heart ever since that Yumi lived with you. Because your father had loved again that Amelia and your mother was a nuance between their love affair."

"Tito Luis, you don't have to lie. My Papa had never really loved my mother." Victoria said while sobbing.

All these years, she kept her longing and heartaches about the other side of her family. But right now, all the pain came back to her.

Anyway, after hearing this, Don Luis changed his stance.

"Right, right. I do not really want to lie just now. But I do not want to hurt your feelings more because of that fact. Yet you already know about it so there is no point for me to protect you. You still got hurt by the truth.

"As your maternal uncle, I only want the best for you. So just come with me, Victoria. You will be happier with me."

Don Luis began to approach the two ladies who were hugging each other.

Malia was about to yell at him to stay away but someone did it before her.

"Don't lay your filthy hands on my Ate."

After that Don Luis was thrown away after a kick landed on his back.

Malia was so shocked she wasn't able to react right away. Even Victoria had paused her sobbing as her eyes followed that person who gave his uncle a flying kick.