110: Retreat

What General Vicente and Mateo didn't anticipate was the fact that they would be seeing Yumi sooner.

Two days after the lad and the Assassin Guild had arrived, they were able to break free from the attacks of the Human Puppets.

They quickly retreated at the back of the line.

In order to keep the puppets away from where they retreated, they'd used woods and fire which was an idea of Rui and Koshi.

Rui had been into a great war from another country. If this war would be compared to that, this could be considered as nothing.

He had to deal with huge war machineries and advanced weapons then. The High Kingdom was also very skilled.

This time, though the war they had was against these Human Puppets turned into weapons, it wasn't really that scary as the last time.

These puppets fought well and didn't even feel any pain or tiredness. But it didn't mean they were invincible as per Koshi's evaluation.

So the both of them came up with the idea of surrounding their retreat area with woods which they could keep burning. The two of them together with some of the members of Assassin Guild did this in order for their side to take a breather with this war. Lalo na ang mga heneral at ang kanilang mga tauhan na ilang araw na ring nakikipaglaban.

"Good work, you two." Mateo praised the two. He even tapped the back of those two.

"Thanks." Koshi said with a smile.

While Rui just nodded and helped the others to build the tents.

The original location of the generals had long been destroyed when the war had started. But Mateo's army, as well as the Assassin Guild were able to prepare more necessities for all of them.

Habang nag-aayos ang karamihan ng mapagpapahingahan nila, the others kept the fire burning. They noticed that the larger the fire, those puppets couldn't get near them.

"Stoke the fire... Assign batches of people to look after it too." General Vicente commanded and even the other Generals quickly complied and selected people from their team who would look after the fire.

"You do realize that this fire can't be kept for a while, right? If they use water to put them out, we will need to fight again." General Arturo told them.

"Indeed. This is just temporary solution so we can take a break from the fighting. The puppets are not getting tired. But we are. So no matter how much we wanted to fight them, when it comes to endurance, they would definitely defeat us." Rui said.

General Hidalgo groaned. "These puppets are pain in the ass."

"And you say they have no weakness, eh?" General Alvaro asked Mateo.

"Un... After a thorough research about them, Mama Amelia and Yumi have concluded that.

"Anyhow, we are still not that hopeless with this fight. All we have to do is to be smarter in fighting this time. We cannot attack all at once. But we can do it by batches." Mateo said.

"If we do that, won't the batches end up getting swallowed by those lots outside? You have seen their numbers too. And it is not like they don't fight well." General Vicente said with a frown. He was full of concern about this matter.

There was a long moment of silence after na sabihin iyon ni General Vicente. Indeed, what he said was very concerning by all of them too.

However, not everyone was really thinking hopelessly about this.

Mateo kept quiet but his eyes landed on Koshi who was just sitting nearby and obviously had been listening to their discussion.

He brought this lad here for a reason. His fighting might be mediocre but not his brain.