Chapter 31: Did Venus Blow Your Mind?

💫 Drops of Starlight 💫
By Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

I LOVE Minako and Yaten. (Individually and also as a couple!) It's been so hard writing this story without them up to this point, but there was already enough going on, and I knew I couldn't bring them in until later. And now it's later! :D

_________________________________

Chapter 31: Did Venus Blow Your Mind?
_________________________________

Yaten and Minako arrived at precisely four o'clock. Rei had already returned to the shrine, seeking spiritual solitude while Taiki engrossed herself in a non-fiction book in the study. Meanwhile, Usagi and Seiya were ensconced on the couch, watching a holiday TV drama. Amid the relaxed scene, the door to the apartment swung open with unexpected force.

"We're home," Yaten called out half-heartedly. She wasn't expecting anyone but Taiki to greet them, and she certainly wasn't prepared to find her leader looking a little too cozy with Usagi while a pink-haired baby played with toys in the middle of the living room floor of their suite.

"What the..." Yaten's suitcase fell to the floor, in tandem with her jaw.

"Look who it is!" Seiya rose to greet the duo.

A girl with a red bob and blunt bangs pushed her oversized designer sunglasses onto her head, revealing a pair of made-up baby-blue eyes. 

"Usagi?" she exclaimed, caught between surprise and excitement. "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?"

"Minako? Is that you?" Usagi rushed over, meeting her friend in a heartfelt hug. The scent of citrus and vanilla hung like a cloud around Minako.

"Chiba-Usa!" Minako gushed.  "Oh, you've gotten so big since I saw you last! I've missed you two.  It's been too long!"

"I almost didn't recognize you, Minako! Wow, look at you!"

"Oh, this? It's just a disguise!" Minako tugged off the red wig, allowing her buttery blonde locks to tumble down her back. Usagi wasn't sure how she managed to fit her red bow under there too, but she was impressed.

"I always get recognized at the airport," Minako explained, fluffing her bangs. "And especially with Yaten, I had to blend in."

"That makes sense. Hey, I heard your new song by the way. It's amazing!"

"Aww, thank you! Just wait until you hear the whole album, Usagi. I worked so hard on it. You're going to love it. At least, I hope so!"

"I'm sure it's going to top the charts!"

Meanwhile, Yaten, unfazed by the unexpected reunion, said bluntly, "So, what're you guys doing here? I thought you were staying at Usagi's."

"Sorry you can't have the place to yourself," Seiya said. "But this morning the paparazzi were staked outside Bun Head's place. Suddenly we're the most interesting band at the moment..."

"Well, that's not my fault," Yaten mumbled.

Usagi tilted her head in a kind smile.  "We'll stay out of your way, promise."

Luna made her appearance, padding up to Usagi's ankles. "It's good to see you, Yaten," she said shyly. Luna contemplated whether to rub against the Starlight's legs but was taken aback when Yaten broke into a grin and gently scooped her up into a baby-like cradle.

"Hey, Luna." Yaten stroked the cat's face, oblivious to the pink hearts that twinkled in her ginger-brown eyes.

"Luna!" Artemis sprang out of Minako's oversized tote.