Chapter 22: Princess

💫 Drops of Starlight 💫
By Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

I made a drawing of the four Sailor Starlights that Fighter mentioned earlier in this story: Lover, Meteor, Specter, and Ruiner. Feel free to check it out if you want on my Instagram, taylorlynn.art It will be dated March 10th, 2021.

_________________________________
Chapter 22: Princess
_________________________________

Seiya extended her brooch, a mesmerizing device with a golden star at its center that emitted an otherworldly gleam. Delicate wings sprouted from each side, brushing against her hand.

"Fighter Star Power! Make-UP!"

A brilliant burst of light flooded the room, momentarily blinding them. Emerging from the radiance, Sailor Star Fighter stood with an air of commanding presence, clad in her distinctive blue-black uniform and thigh-high boots.

Usagi swallowed. She hadn't seen that uniform in a long time. It brought back a kaleidoscope of memories, all shuffling before her eyes in a matter of seconds.

In an instant, she was back in the past—Sailor Moon, about to shake Fighter's hand to form an alliance, she could hear the finger-snapping entrance of the Starlights about to enter the battlefield, and she could feel Fighter's body heat as she hugged her protectively, taking one of Galaxia's attacks for her.

Seiya's transformation was making this feel all the more real. Seiya must have believed Kakyuu was in serious danger too. Usagi's stomach twisted in concern. Please let her be safe, she prayed, bringing her hands together.

The Sailor Starlight touched the microphone headset on her left ear. The three gems adorning its side emitted a glow.

"Kinmoku," Fighter commanded. "Sailor Star Lover." She waited, her dark eyebrows knitted tight over her focused eyes. Usagi, Rei, and Luna watched in anticipation with jangling nerves.

Usagi absentmindedly toyed with her star and moon charm bracelet that Seiya had given her for Christmas. She hadn't taken it off once, even to shower. It made her feel a little better, but not much. This wait was pure agony.

"Lover!" Fighter let out an audible breath of air. "Yes, it's Fighter. I'm reaching out due to a new threat that's emerged on Earth, posing a potential danger to you. Where are you located?... May I request to speak with her?... Yes, I can wait."

With the wave of a hand, a star-shaped device appeared in Fighter's palm. Usagi recognized it as Fighter's Star Yell but notably altered upon closer inspection. Smaller in size, it exuded an opulent golden hue rather than silver, embellished with the same petite wings extending from the top. The five segments of the star radiated a medley of colors: pink, yellow, green, red, and blue. Nestled at the star's heart was a crescent moon, which suddenly emitted a beam of light, projecting a translucent image twelve inches in the air. It reminded Usagi of the message she once received from her mother in her past life, Queen Serenity.

But she wasn't looking at a flickering image of her mom. In the center of her living room was a face she had not seen in years, but one she could never forget - Princess Kakyuu.

Even more beautiful than Usagi remembered, the fair-skinned woman bestowed a gentle smile upon her guardian. Donning a traditional Kinmokian gown of greens and yellows, her flaming-red hair shimmered in her signature double-looped updo. She didn't look to have aged a day since their farewell on that rooftop, illuminated by the setting sun's glow.

A blanket of serenity fell over the room in Kakyuu's presence, despite the expanse that separated them across the galaxy. Kakyuu's virtual gaze offered a powerful solace.