Epilogue: Drops of Jupiter

We're here! The final chapter of Drops of Starlight. Before we get to the epilogue, I've got just a few things I want to say.

The song "Drops of Jupiter" by Train was the sole inspiration for this fic. A couple of readers noticed early on that most chapters are titled after lyrics!

The song came on while I was listening to music on shuffle while out on a nature walk in the fall. I was already thinking of writing a Sailor Moon story when the opening line, Now that she's back in the atmosphere caught my attention. It made me think of the Starlights returning to Earth years later. The lyric asking is heaven overrated? reminded me of Crystal Tokyo, the perfect future, and was it all that perfect? Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there? I felt like that line summed up Seiya's feelings in this imaginary scenario. For the rest of the song, I daydreamed and saw a bunch of scenes all play out in my head like an AMV. When I got home, I wrote it down, and it became my outline for this story.

On the note of music, I must mention two songs that inspired me over and over:
"Yellow" by Coldplay, and "Renegade" by Big Red Machine.

A shout-out to my biggest inspiration, Taylor Swift. Many of her lyrics are woven into my writing consciously and subconsciously. (And to those who aren't Swifties, Sailor Star Lover is modeled after Taylor Swift's look on her album, Lover.)

A thank you to veganimegirl and enchanterscreations for making fan art for this story! It's the best thing ever, and I'm so flattered.

A thank you to all who messaged me, left a comment, a kudos, a vote for, a bookmark - or even just came back to read every Monday (or if you're from the future, read it all together!).

This fic originally wasn't supposed to see the light of day beyond my personal email. I was just writing to distract myself from morning sickness, but I am glad I posted it. I loved all your reactions and feedback, and I love our little SeiUsa community. I'm so happy there are people out there who love this couple as much as I do.

I will definitely put out more artwork for this story on my instagram and tumblr (taylorlynn.art) in the future to anyone interested.

Until next time, goodbye!

-Taylor Lynn
Strawberry Moon Rose

PS - there's a PGSM live-action reference in this chapter. Let me know if you catch it!

_________________________________

Epilogue: Drops of Jupiter

_________________________________

Six months later.

"Chibi-Usa! You get back here!"

A high-pitched giggle rang throughout the house as the almost-toddler dashed into the kitchen wearing nothing but a diaper. Her bare feet thumped against the tile, followed by Usagi's as she tore after her.

Chibi-Usa looked back over her shoulder, squealing like it was a game of chase.

"Chibi-Usa, please! This isn't funny, we're going to be late for Mako's wedding!"

In response, Chibi-Usa bolted toward the patio door and started banging her hands against the glass, leaving smudgy fingerprints. The sandbox on the deck outside caught Chibi-Usa's attention just long enough for Usagi to sneak up behind her. Seizing the opportunity, she scooped her up. "Gotcha!"

Chibi-Usa shook her head vehemently, sending the corkscrew curls springing from her pigtails swinging. Her resemblance to Chibi Chibi sometimes had Seiya and Usagi doing a double take. Chibi-Usa pointed outdoors and babbled, "Side! Mamamama!"