Chapter 4: Dance Along the Light of Day

💫Drops of Starlight💫

by Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

I have a confession: I started writing this story with no intention of ever posting it anywhere. It feels so personal posting it now, as I wrote much of this thinking only I would ever read it. But then I got really far into the plot, and decided to slowly start updating. Currently I'm writing chapter eighteen, and I tell you, so much is going to happen. I can't wait for you all to read it!

Also, thank you for all your comments! I read them all and very much appreciate you taking the time to leave one.

_________________________________
Chapter 4: Dance Along the Light of Day
_________________________________

When Usagi woke to Chibi-Usa fussing around 7 AM, she dragged herself out of bed, convinced that Seiya's visit had been nothing more than a vivid dream. However, as Usagi made her way to the kitchen and caught the scent of sizzling turkey bacon, she accepted it had happened.

"Mornin', Bun Head!" Seiya greeted, her focus on the stove. "How do you like your eggs?"

A warm smile graced Usagi's lips. "Seiya, you don't have to do this. But scrambled is fine."

"You had a rough night. And I bet you haven't had a proper breakfast in a while."

"Not unless Mako stays over," Usagi admitted. She went to the cupboard and pulled out Chibi-Usa's rice cereal mix while bouncing her daughter on her hip. When she reached for the silverware drawer, her side brushed against Seiya's.  Neither apologized or moved away.

"Hey, are you wearing my apron?" Usagi asked, spotting a familiar floral pattern.

"Yep. Do you mind?"

"No."

"Okay, then. Go sit down and start eating. The pancakes are on the table. Coffee's almost ready."

"Thank you, Seiya. Seriously." Their eyes met and something else lingered, unspoken between four blue eyes. The way Seiya looked at her, made her feel like she'd stepped back in time.

"Eh, eh...!" Chibi-Usa whined, arching her back.

"Okay, okay." Usagi quickly left the kitchen and strapped Chibi-Usa in her high chair. Ten minutes later, after Usagi gulped down a stack of pancakes and finished feeding the little one, Seiya appeared with two steaming plates.

"I have an order of the scrambled egg combo with a side of toast for table one?"

Usagi bit back a laugh and raised her hand. "That's us!"

Seiya set the plate before her and joined the table. "You better eat up, you've got a big ahead of you," she said.

Usagi took a swig of orange juice. "I do?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you? Guess it'll just be a surprise." Seiya winked. "You just shower and get dressed for the day.  After this, I'll watch Chibi-Usa. Be ready by nine."

Usagi's eyebrows shot up, but she could tell Seiya wasn't going to say anything more on the subject.

"Do you trust me, Bun Head?"

"Yes..."

"Then don't you worry. Besides, when was the last time you took a shower alone? Or went to the bathroom by yourself?"

"Not since this little monster was born." Usagi squeezed Chibi-Usa's plump cheeks and she cooed in response. "You sure you can handle her for a while?" she asked skeptically.