Chapter 3: Heaven is Overrated

💫Drops of Starlight💫

by Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙 🌹

If you like the cover image for this story, thank you! I am the artist. I draw lots of Sailor Moon fan art, (especially Seiya and Usagi!) so come say hi on my art instagram account: taylorlynn.art and let me know you're from Wattpad! ^_^

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 3: Heaven is Overrated
_________________________________

As the darkness settled in, they decided to order takeout for supper. When the doorbell rang, Usagi was in the middle of changing Chibi-Usa's diaper, so Seiya answered it.

Trying to balance the pizza box in one hand, Seiya cleared the clutter off the table to make room. Envelopes, a package of baby wipes, and three mugs were shuffled aside, one of them bearing the remnants of what seemed to be chocolate milk in a past life.

"Sorry," Usagi apologized as she entered the room with Chibi-Usa on her hip. "I know it's a disaster. I'm just attached to her all day, I can't get anything done."

"Don't worry about it, Bun Head. I'll help you clean up before I leave," Seiya offered.

"You don't need to do that. I'd feel too bad."

"Nope, too late. I insist." Seiya winked.

Usagi rolled her eyes and sat Chibi-Usa in the high chair. "Okay, okay. I probably could use an extra pair of hands if it wasn't too much trouble. By the way, how long will you guys be staying? And where are you staying?"

Seiya shrugged, looking sheepish. "Well, we're just kind of playing this whole thing by ear. The Princess said we could stay as long as we wanted. We've got other guardians at the palace in our place. As for where, Taiki's in charge of that. Probably a nearby hotel."

Usagi opened the pizza box and inhaled a gulp of cheesy air. Black olives, mushrooms, pepperoni...

"You can totally stay here," she said through a greasy bite. "I would love some company. It's been a few weeks since Mako stopped by, and even longer since I've seen Ami."

Seiya's eyes glimmered. "Are you sure?"

"Mmmyes," Usagi mumbled through another mouthful. "It's kinda lonely these days. I'm so used to the routine of caring for Chibi-Usa, I would love to have some adult time."

Usagi turned red. "That sounded weird. I-I meant like adult conversations and... um, whatever. You know what I meant."

Seiya had to laugh to resist saying something inappropriate. "I know what you meant, Bun Head. And I understand. I would love to stay here with you for a while." Honestly, I wouldn't mind staying indefinitely.

Seiya tried to distract herself by taking a bite of pizza, pushing away the temptation to let her thoughts wander down a path she had vowed to avoid. No, I can't let myself go there again. Just because she doesn't have a boyfriend, or husband for that matter, doesn't mean anything. I'm here for her as a friend, and that's what matters most.

"Hey, where's Luna?" Seiya asked, scanning the room for the black cat.

"Open up, Chibi-Usa. Say ahh!" Usagi wiped the pureed pumpkin off her daughter's face. "Oh, she's actually with Rei in Kyoto for the month. They wanted to make sure the future changing wasn't an enemy's doing. But I told them I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Honestly, I think Luna's as lost as I am and is looking for answers. After all, she's supposed to have a daughter with Artemis someday."