Chapter 5: Jupiter Garden

💫Drops of Starlight💫

by Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi
_________________________________
Chapter 5: Jupiter Garden
_________________________________

Seiya began the arduous task of picking up Chibi-Usa's toys, placing each one in the toy box. Meanwhile, Taiki took charge of the kitchen, determined to restore order amidst the mess of used napkins and plates crusted with week-old mystery food.

"My god, there's hardly any food here," Taiki called out as she opened the refrigerator. A gallon of milk, some condiments, and a nearly-empty carton of eggs stared back at her.

"It was a challenge to make breakfast this morning," Seiya admitted, tossing a stuffed panda and a rattle into the toy box.

"Later, shall I run and grab some groceries?"

"If we have time, that'd be great," Seiya replied.

"By the way, I spoke with our old manager. I was able to get the penthouse back. Our bank accounts are still active and I picked up new debit cards this morning on our way over."

"Nice, Taiki!"

Taiki opened cupboard after cupboard, searching for the proper location of the dishes she unloaded from the dishwasher. There didn't seem to be any order, to begin with.

"I wonder how Yaten's doing in London," said Seiya.

"I called her this morning and she's doing fine. Won't tell me any details of course."

"That sounds like Yaten."

Seiya collected dirty bibs, burp cloths, and onesies until her arms were full. She headed towards the closet near the bathroom which housed the smallest washer and dryer she had ever seen and began tossing the clothes in.

She pushed Usagi's bedroom door open and started picking up the garments strewn all over the place.

Usagi's bedroom was quaint with pastel-pink walls and floral wallpaper along the ridge of the ceiling. The full-sized, princess-framed canopy bed dominated the room. The sheets lay twisted in a haphazard heap. Chibi-Usa's crib was positioned across from the foot of the bed.

Seiya picked up items of clothing absentmindedly and froze in her tracks when she spotted a tiny keychain with a pink teddy bear resting on her nightstand.

Bun Head...

Seiya crossed the room, feeling her chest tighten as if her lungs were being cinched with a string. Before Seiya could reach for it, Taiki appeared in the doorway.

"Seiya, I support you wholeheartedly, and I do believe you're a good person. But please tell me there's a reason why you're just standing there holding Usagi's panties."

Seiya glanced down, not realizing she had picked up a pair of frilly white underwear. Blood rushed to her cheeks.

"Geez, Taiki, I'm doing her laundry! Don't make me out to be some sort of pervert." Seiya quickly stuffed the panties among the rest of the clothes.

"Your words, not mine." Taiki chuckled and returned to the kitchen.

With Taiki gone, Seiya dropped the clothes on the center of the bed. She reached for the amusement park prize, cradling it in her hand.

She still has it, after all these years... What's it doing on her nightstand? Does this mean...?

_________________________________