She used to encounter him a lot back then kapag nagpupunta sila ni Malia sa Le Rouge.

Noon pa lang, alam na niya na napakahalaga ng binata kay Yumi. She was her boy bestfriend, according to her. Minsan na rin nilang pinagtakhan ang binata kung karelasyon ba siya ni Yumi.

But that idea was falsified when he began making a move towards Malia.

She was a shy lady at start and he was an assertive, funny lad then.

Malia soon found herself entranced with his charm at nabalitaan na nga lang ni Gwen na magkasintahan na ang dalawa.

When both Malia and Yumi already found the men they liked, she guessed it was just natural for her to feel lonely and to wondrr if there was anyone for her too.

But it was only Don Enrico who was able to capture her heart.

In truth, she developed a crush on him noong isinama pa lamang siya nila Yumi at Malia sa outing na pinangunahan nila Don Enrico at Doña Silvanna.

But she never entertained that crush right away.

Unexpectedly, there was several more encounter she had with the Don. The last one was Yumi's marriage.

Then the don came to L City once again. This time, he came alone without his wife and son.

Wala naman talaga siyang planong mainvolved sa lalaki na may asawa na.

But one afternoon, she saw him so drunk at pasuray suray na naglalakad patungo sa mansion nila sa L City.

She couldn't stop herself from helping him.

Inihatid niya ito sa kanilang mansion at doon na nga may nangyari sa kanilang dalawa.

The next morning, the man offered her to become his Second Wife, which she accepted. Because in truth, wala namang mangyayari sa kanila kung hindi rin naman niya ginusto ang nangyari.

After that, the rest was history.

Gwen sighed as she reminded of the happenings of the past.

She regretted harming Kami. She regretted hurting Malia and Yumi. But she would never regret doing those things so long as Don Enrico would be safe and sound.

Because she had this thought, her expression calmed down too. Whatever the consequence of her action, she would accept it whole heartedly then.

Sakto namang nasa ganoong siyang kalagayan ng abutan siya nila Malia at Mateo.

Malia stood in front of the jail where Gwen was while Mateo simply stood behind her. He had no intention to intervene. He would let Malia handle this matter all by herself.

"You look peaceful. You don't even feel remorse anymore for what you have done?"

Gwen looked up and met Malia's fierce gaze towards her.

She felt sad because the two of them ended up in this situation. But things were inevitable now.

"I accept your punishment for what I have done. Torture me if you have to."

Malia sneered. "You don't have to tell me what I need to do."

Then she looked at the men his brother brought with them.

"Bring in the present I prepare for her." She commanded.

Mateo who was leaning his back on the ball couldn't help nodding his head with how stern Malia handling this matter.

Anyway, those men brought inside the cell the body of Don Enrico.

Pagkakita pa lamang ni Gwen dito, her peaceful expression was immediately shattered.

"No... No... You didn't."

Malia chuckled cruelly.

"What? You think you can really save this man?"

"Noooo! You terrible people! How dare you kill him?!" Gwen cried anguishly as she hugged the cold body of Don Enrico.

"Now you know what despair is. Serves you right, doesn't it?"

"Malia! You are just like Yumi. Both of you are cruel!"

"And who made me like this, huh?! You caused me to be like this! We were your friends, Gwen. Pero pinagpalit mo kami sa lalaking aabandonahin ka naman sa huli."

"He didn't abandon me. I let him go!"

"Stupid! You are really a fool, Gwen. And a murderer. I am telling you what your fate is going to be from now on. You will stay in this cell while watching your beloved rot away. How's that? Can you still be peaceful after that? Oh well, we'll see about that."

"No, you can't! You can't do that to me. Just kill me too. Hurt me instead. Just don't do that."

"Too late for your begging. This time, I have no heart to spare for you."

Malia said coldly before she left that jail along with her brother and his men.

***

Meanwhile...

Hindi magkamayaw sa pag-iyak niya si Yumi. She realized, she had never been broken hearted before compared to right now.

When Mateo and Malia left her, she quickly tried every thing she knew about medicine on Kami. She did everything she had learned these past years.

But even she knew what the lost cause was.

She cried as she looked at the terrible state of Kami.

Some part of his skin were burned.

Several bones of his were broken too.

Yumi couldn't help blaming herself because of what had happened to him.

Then and now, she was always the cause of Kami's death.

Back then, he was killed by her enemies because they knew he helped her a lot.

Now, he was targeted by Gwen because she knew she couldn't let anything happen to him at all.

And yet, he still ended up in this situation.

"Seize it? You want the organization?"

"Why? Are you that fond of them that you will desert me for them?"

"Stop being a prat, will you? Fine. If you really want that small organization, I will help you acquire it then."

"Good. In this lifetime, Kami, we will still be partners. Don't worry though, I won't never let you die before me again."

"You think I'd like to be left out by you? We'll die together this time."

"I'm sorry, Kami. I told you back then na hindi kita hahayaang mamatay bago ako. But this still happened to you. I'm sorry..." Yumi cried loudly as hers and Kami's promises to each other came to her.

She felt his pulse and it was slowly fading away. She could only cry harder.

She didn't know how to continue living this time if he really would die.

Yumi felt desperate at that very moment and decided that if Kami would really die then she wanted to follow him and honor their promise to each other.

However, she looked down at her belly and somehow ended up in dilemma. She was prepared to follow Kami to death. But she had to leave these babies and make sure they were in good condition before doing that.

"Kami, can you hold on for a while for me? Let me give birth first, please. Don't go yet."

At that moment, she didn't notice her Adarna necklace was shining brightly.

***

(A/N: Last update. Next chaps will be Epilogue.)