115: Tower of Death

Start from the beginning

This tower was the largest and so it had another staircases to reach the top.

Yumi and the others were on the other staircase.

Gwen had taken the other one so that she could sneak up and reach the top without anyone noticing her.

Since the three ladies were following her, they also took the same staircase too.

However, when they reached the top, when Malia was about to talk to Gwen, they realized that there was another staircase going up there. The two staircases met at the topmost floor where a large arrow ballista stood there.

Amara stopped Malia from approaching Gwen first as she realized what was about to happen at the other side of the staircase.

The three of them saw Yumi, Mateo and some of his men there. They were facing off some enemies there.

They quickly recognized Don Enrico. As for Doctor Benedicto, it was only Malia who recognized him.

"What are they doing here?" Victoria whispered to the two ladies she was with.

"They want to capture that new Governor General, apparently." Amara said.

"What should we do then? Yumi might get angry if she sees us here." Malia said nervously.

"Plus this situation is dangerous. I think we should retreat now." Amara told them. She kind of understand what was happening right now.

The two sides were at the cutthroat. Both were about to strike and just waiting for the perfect timing.

At the moment, they couldn't afford to be distracted. Otherwise, the balance would be disrupted and any side who would be able to grasp the opportunity, gained the advantage.

So for Amara, the three of them should retreat in order to not cause the disturbance and affected the chance of Yumi's side in this cutthroat.

"Let's go." She whispered at the two then.

"B-but Gwen..." Malia hesitated.

The three of them looked at Gwen who was at the last step of their stairs and was also watching what was happening at the other side. The lady was still not aware about the three of them.

Unexpectedly, Gwen seemed to grasp the situation there just like Amara did.

For a moment, her face was showing indecisiveness.

Then it turned into firmness.

That's when the balance between the two sides were disrupted.

Gwen had rushed towards the arrow ballista and pointed it outside.

All of them looked at her.

But she only had her eyes to one of them.

"Let them go. Mayumi, let them go or I will shoot this arrow towards that flying object."

"No!" Malia could no longer hide.

When she heard Gwen's threat to Yumi, she couldn't stop herself anymore.

"Please don't, Gwen. That's Kami flying that object." Malia begged with shaking voice.

Since nagpakita na si Malia sa kanila, Victoria and Amara didn't hide anymore too.

They stood behind the lady.

Para namang gustong lagnatin ni Yumi dahil sa nangyayari. Damn these ladies! How did they become such a pain in the ass? What the hell they were all doing now here?

Anyway, she ignored the three ladies and instead, glared at Gwen.

"I told you then. The next time you shield this monster, I will not be lenient anymore."

"I don't ever need you to be lenient on me, Yumi. I want you to let go of him or else..." Gwen began to work the ballista. As she pushed the button, the arrow was pulled and she began to point it towards the sky where the aircraft was flying. Once her fingers left that button, that arrow would be let go then.

Yumi's face turned cold.

Malia began to sob as she continued to beg Gwen not to shoot.

Gwen's hand shook as she saw those cold and crying faces. These two faces were very familiar to her. They were her old friends' faces.

She felt a squeezing in her heart.

It was so painful.

And yet...

She couldn't just abandon her beloved husband. She loved him too much to just let him die on Yumi's hands.

She knew Yumi valued camaraderie. She might have lost her friendship now but Yumi was not going to let anything happen to Kami. Gwen was actually staking a lot at this moment and hoping that by using Kami's life, she would be able to make Yumi not to kill Don Enrico.

Unfortunately, because of this disruption too, things became messier as the other side had finally grasped the advantage.

No one was able to react right away when Doctor Benedicto suddenly pushed Gwen towards the wall behind her. Her body and head were hit hard that she felt some part of her broke. She even began coughing blood at once.

But no one really paid her any attention anymore.

Naturally, as she fell, her fingers also let go and the arrow was launched.

"Noooo!" Malia shouted at once and ran towards the large window of that tower.

Meanwhile, Yumi was frozen on the spot as she watched the arrow hit the aircraft in one go and it began to pummel downwards until it hit the battlefield.

On the other hand, Doctor Benedicto took that chance to run away from that place.

Don Enrico hesitated for a moment and gave Gwen a look. He saw her coughing blood but in the end, he still took the easier course.

He ran away too.

The General and his soldiers blocked the way from Mateo's men who wanted to chase the two.

The fight broke off then.

"K-kami..." Yumi called silently. Her voice and body shook. Her eyes turned red as her tears fell down continuously.

No way! He couldn't be dead, right?

"Yumi..." Mateo didn't know what to do.

He was also stunned by the sudden turn of the events.

He ended up hugging Yumi who began to walk towards the window too.

"Let me go! That's Kami in that aircraft! I need to save him, Mateo. I need to make sure he is still alive. He can't be dead! He promised me! We will die together in this lifetime. He promised me!"

She screamed a lot but Mateo didn't let go of her.

Meanwhile, Malia was also sobbing hard as Victoria and Amara held her down.

However, she seemed to have gain a lot of strength because of her grieved because she was able to let go of herself from those two and she went towards Gwen at once.

She gave her a hard slap before she slumped in front of her and cried loudly.

"I begged you, Gwen! How dare you?! And here I thought of taking you back. I hate you! I hate you, Gwen."

***