88

AMARA FELT the ship come to a halt. She was sitting criss-cross on the bench in her cell aboard the enemy ship. She was meditating.

Eyes closed.

She heard the doors swish open. She heard the footsteps of her captors.

"Time to go, princess." One of them said.

"You will open my cell, uncuff me, and let me walk out free." Amara says with her eyes still closed.

One scoffed.

"You think Jedi mind tricks work on us?" The other chuckles.

Amara opens her eyes and locks on her captors.

"You will open my cell, uncuff me, and let me walk out free." Amara says again.

Her tone sounded different for her.

The two captors tilt their heads. As if they were in a trance. One walked to the cell door and opened it. The other approached her and uncuffed her.

She watched as they did nothing more as she passed them.

She looks at them and then had a thought. She extended her hand, using the Force to shove them inside the cell. She locked it and then turned out of the prison.

"Amara," A voice echoed.

Amara walked down the halls of the enemy ship ready. Eyes narrowed as she reached for the two green sabers attached to her belt.

"Nothing good can come of this path," The voice of Anakin says.

Amara ignites her sabers.

"Good and bad are relative," Amara says, "I'm doing what needs to be done."

"Slaughtering them will make you no better than them," Anakin advises.

Amara halts.

She turns to the Force ghost of her grandfather.

"I'm a Skywalker," Amara says, "Slaughtering people is kind of our thing."

Anakin narrows his eyes.

"This isn't funny, Amara." Anakin says.

Amara turns off her sabers and takes one step forward towards her grandfather.

"I'm not joking." She says, "All of us descendants of Skywalkers have murdered. None of us are innocent. We all have blood on our hands. Good. Evil. Its all relative."

Anakin frowns.

"This path you're taking will only lead to anger, hate, suffering." He tells her.

Amara shakes her head, "You don't- don't get to lecture me on that path, Anakin."

Anakin sighs, "If you don't want to listen to me about it, fine. I do want to warn you the consequences could be similar for you as they were for myself."

Amara says nothing.

"Are you prepared to lose everything for this? To lose Poe? To lose Orson? To lose all your friends in the Resistance?" Anakin says.

Amara looks away.

"Karawn has to be stopped. The Brotherhood must be stopped." Amara says looking at him, "This has nothing to do with my selfish wants and desires."

"You should have those desires, Amara." Anakin says, "You don't have to carry this burden."

Amara shakes her head.