13

THE ESCAPE pods were Finn's idea of helping the Resistance. Sneaking out in order to do something than just float in the ship and waited for the fuel to out out. As Finn was sneaking out he was noticed by a female maintenance worker. She stopped what she was doing and turned to him. Finn was almost in the escape pod when he was discovered.

"What are you doing here?" Rose asks.

Finn halts and turns, "Hey, hi. Uh, I was- uh, you know-," He tried to ramble a lie.

Rose made the realization on who Finn was. Her eyes widen and she dropped the tablet that was in her hands, it landed on the floor. She pointed at him.

"You're Finn! The Finn!" Rose exclaims.

Finn looked a bit confused, "The Finn?" He asks.

Rose felt embarrassed, "Sorry- Sorry, I work behind pipes all day. You know, doing talking with the Resistance heroes is not my forte. Doing- Doing talking, yeah- yeah, I'm Rose." Rose says as she rambles.

Finn gives her a small smile, "Breathe." He says to her.

She nods, "Okay."

Finn then shrugs his shoulder, "Yeah, look, I'm not a Resistance hero, but- but it was nice talking to you, Rose." He says and adds, "May the Force be with you."

Rose was in awe, "Wow. You too. Good. But- But you are a hero. You left the First Order," Rose rambles, "And- And what you did on Starkiller Base. When we heard about it, my sister Paige said "Rose, that's a real hero." And "know right from wrong," and "don't run away when it gets hard," she said. You know,"

Finn was slowly taking steps back, but Rose was still too caught up in her rambling to even notice.

"Just this morning, I had to stun three people who were trying to jump ship. In this escape pod." Rose says and points to the pod.

"What?" Finn asks.

Rose nods, "They were running away." She says.

Finn shakes his head, "That's disgraceful." He says.

Rose nods in agreement, "I know."

Finn awkwardly steps back, "Anyway, uh- I gotta get back to what I was doing, so." He tries to exit the conversation.

Rose got suspicious, "What were you doing?"

"I was uh- just- just uh checking." Finn says as he noticed she was on to him.

Rose eyes where Finn stood. By the pod.

"Checking the escape pod," Rose says.

Finn begins to shake his head, "No, no. It's uh- routine checks." He tried to explain.

Rose noticed a bag in Finn's hand and then glanced up at the Resistance hero she had heard so much about.

"While boarding one with a packed bag." Rose says.

"Okay, listen-!" Finn starts.

Too late, Rose held up her stun gun and fired it at Finn. Finn was hit and landed on the ground hard. He tried to move, but it was like he was jelly and couldn't move.

"I- I can't move," Finn says, "I can't move."

Rose walks over and stands above him. She puts her stun gun in it's holster and looks at him.

"I know." Rose says.

"What happened?" Finn asks her.

Rose picks up Finn and then put him on some sort of cart, something to move him since he was unable to move given the stun will take time to wear out.