49

AMARA SAT on a crate inside Babu Frik's place. She kept glancing over at the golden droid being tinkered with.

A frown escaped her lips.

If this is success they'll find Exegol and be able to defeat the Emperor, but at the cost of C-3PO. Sure, Amara recalls how annoying the droid was to deal with growing up, but to her, 3PO felt part of the family. Amara grasped herself, pulling herself in tight. Hugging herself. She feels it in her core that she can't handle saying goodbye to another friend or family. She doesn't think she can handle it.

"Wanna tell me what's on your mind?" It was Finn.

Amara glanced at him.

Finn had moved his way over to Amara, probably sensing her feelings with his new fond Force sensitive ability, either that or based off Rey mediating, he was bored while Babu worked on 3PO.

"I- I don't know how my mom does it," Amara manages to say.

Finn raised his eyebrow in confusion.

Amara kept her eyes on Finn, "War." She then looks at the ceiling, "My mom spent her entire life basically righting in wars. She commanded men and women into battles and some didn't return."

Finn frowns.

"I- I know how much it pains me with the loss I've endured in the war," Amara's gaze moved to Finn, "But I can't comprehend the level of pain my own mother has endured over her life."

Finn gestures for Amara to scoot over on the crate. She glanced at the crate and then did so. She scooted over to allow Finn to sit next to her, which he does.

"How does anyone comprehend their pain from loss?" Finn asks her.

Amara says nothing.

Finn glanced at her, "Clearly being in the Resistance wasn't your goal in life," He says, "What did you always want to be when you grew up?" He asks.

Amara shrugs, "I- I never considered any future pathway," She says, "I- I assumed my mom would've groomed me into politics, I guess."

Finn gives her a small smile, "Nah, I think Leia is too smart to throw you into that." He let out a small laugh.

Amara also laughed at his comment, "Why did you ask?"

Finn shrugs, "Well, for me having the choice in life is so amazing but also- also scary." He says, "My life I was groomed by the First Order and I assumed that I was either going to die in battle or at the hands of the First Order."

Amara frowns.

Finn lets out a small laugh, "Who would've predicted this," He grins, "A former Stormtrooper, scavenger, daughter of war heroes, and a former spice runner out to stop the First Order."

Amara gives a small smile, "I bet if my dad were here-,"

Finn looks over when she heard him mention Han.

Amara kept the smile on her face, "He'd probably bring up how this remind him of when he, mom, Chewie, and Uncle Luke faced off against the Empire." She smiles, "It was always the four of them, together."

Finn placed a hand on top of her hand, the one that wasn't injured, that rested on her knee. Amara looked from the hand then to Finn.

"They became family and I know we're all close like family but-," Amara frowns, "I don't know if I can handle another loss."

Finn frowns, "No one can just deal with death like it's nothing," He says, "I don't expect us all to make it in this war, but I know we'll all try out best to make it."