8

BARE WHITE trees, only two lightsabers, red and blue illuminate the flurries of snow as Rey and Kylo Ren battle hard. She seemed to be, impossibly, stronger than he is for half a dozen blows, until he finds his strength and fights back. He moves forward and pushing Rey back into the forest. Suddenly a colossal chuck of the forest right behind Rey drops away. Rey is suddenly fighting on the edge of a massive cliff.

"You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force!" Kylo Ren yells.

"The Force," Rey says.

She closes her eyes for a long beat. When Rey opens them, she is centered, fortified, and she pounds back. Single handed swipes, hitting Kylo Ren's splitting saber with incredible force. It's so fast now, so furious, that Kylo Ren falls back, and she attacks harder. Kylo Ren gets up again, but she hits his saber's hilt, his blade goes flying off, tumbling into the snow and she slashes again and again. She hits Kylo Red square in the head and chest. He goes down.

Suddenly a fearful man has a large burn scar slashed across his face. He still reaches for his saber. Rey could kill him, right now. End it with one vicious strike. But instead, she stops. She realizes she stands on a greater edge than even the cliff, the edge of the dark side. The earth shakes, and begins to split.

{THE FORCE AWAKENS}

SHE RAN a hundred feet through the forest to Finn. Who lies near death, not far from where the ground fell. Rey falls to her knees near him. She turns him over and sees his cauterized but possibly fatal wound.

"Finn!" Rey yells, "Finn,"

Tears comes to her eyes as she lifts him. She held his lifeless body in her arms. Snow flurries around them as she cries, holding the body who she just met, who she already cares about. They is no one here to save them, they are going to die here. More trees drop as the planet continues to collapse. As all seems lost, her eyes look up to see lights rise from the newly formed canyon.

It's a ship. The Millennium Falcon. Rey practically drags Finn as she watched the ship land. The ramp came down and within a few seconds, out came Chewie. He grabs Finn and carries him up the ramp with Rey right Rey gets inside the ship, she sees Finn being placed in a cot. Her eyes sees Chewie heading to the cockpit to fly them off the planet. Her eyes also find Amara.

Amara was also unconscious, laying on another cot. As Rey stared at the young woman, she sensed something from her. Rey sensed the pain and heartbreak from witnessing Han's death, but something more. Rey ran into the cockpit to aid Chewie in piloting. The Falcon flies and leaves the planet, as its collapsing. Resistance X-Wings, led by Poe, follow the Falcon.

{THE FORCE AWAKENS}

HYPERSPACE AGAIN, it feels like it's a new norm for Amara. She got up from where Chewie had laid her, her eyes drifting to the wounded Finn. Rey was knelt down next to him. She was going through whatever medical aid they had on the Falcon to help for a little bit. Amara ran her hands through her hair. Her head hurt. Chewie walked over to her, he growled at her and Amara looked up at the big guy. She gives him a sad smile and shakes her head.

"I'm okay," She says, "Just a headache."

Rey turns to her, "Do you need something for it?"

The two girls finally seem to look at each other for the first time since Amara regain consciousness.

Amara shakes her head, "I can make it to D'Qar," She says.

And then when she got up, everything hit her. She stumbled back and her eyes filled with tears. Her eyes dart to Chewie.