75

POE HAD refused to go to sleep, even when he was forced out of the command center. The man was beyond worried about his love.

He knows soon, soon Amara and Ben will be face to face with Ronon. Soon the love of his life will be battling with his mad man and he is here. He is on Ajan Kloss.

He is helpless.

Poe was dragged out of the command center by Zorii. She had been the one to haul him out when Kaydel and Rose's attempts proved to fail.

Poe hadn't returned to his empty quarters. The quarters he and Amara share. It felt wrong to rest now, now that she was possibly in danger.

Poe instead just wandered the base.

He saw Orson resting in the tent with the other kids, he had to check on him for Amara. Poe knew Amara would want Orson to be taken care of, and he promised to do that. To do that for his son.

Is Orson his son now?

Poe wasn't sure.

Poe wandered around the base until he discovered Rey.

Rey was sitting outside by the Falcon. She was staring up at the clear night sky. Poe looks at her and then a thought occurred to him.

The thoughts and feelings he was experiencing about Amara are the same feelings and thoughts Rey must be feeling about Ben.

Rey's gaze lowers to him, "Can't sleep, General?" She asks.

Poe shakes his head as he ran a hand through his mess of a hair, "No. And I see the same for you."

Rey nods.

Poe watched as the brunette scoot over on the log she was sitting on for Poe to join her. Poe slowly walks over and then practically collapsed on the log.

"So who managed to get you away from the command center?" Rey asks looking back at the stars.

"Zorii," Poe says looking up at the stars.

Rey grins, "Figured." She says, "I bet it didn't take her that long."

Poe also grins, "No. She wasted no time."

The two share a small laugh together, before they began silent.

"I know I'm no Jedi or Force sensitive, but- but I know you're worried about them." Poe says, "Worried about Amara and Ben."

Rey nods.

Poe glanced at her. Rey was still looking up at the stars.

"I've faced Palpatine, as did Ben and Amara." Rey says in a somber tone, "It was touch and go for a while. I- I died, Poe. If it wasn't for Ben or Amara, I- I wouldn't be here."

Poe puts his arm around her in a protective hold. He pulls her against him and kisses the top of her head as a way of comforting her.

"I've seen Ronon. I've seen how dangerous he really is, and- and." Rey trails off.

Poe hugs the young Jedi, "I know. I'm scared for them too."

Rey pulls back from him, "So you admit to worry about Ben, then?" She asks.

Poe looks from her to the stars, "Once upon a time, Ben and I were friends. I always cared about him, maybe even when he became Kylo Ren." Poe sighs, "It just stings in the aftermath of all that still. It's- It's hard to move forward but, I'm trying."

Rey looks at him and nods.

Poe sighs, "I really wish I could be there," He says, "I feel so helpless not being there."