59

THAT FOLLOWING morning, Amara woke in one of the quarters on the Falcon. She, Rey, and Ben had turned that into their sleeping quarters for the evening, whereas Finn and Poe, who were invited to stay in the Falcon, either crashed somewhere else or didn't sleep at all.

Amara knew Poe wasn't going to take it easy. She knew him, he is a stubborn flyboy who was given the title of General. He isn't going to rest up, despite just winning a war. Amara had exited her quarters and walked through the corridors of the Falcon. She heard the voice of D-O speaking as he and BB-8 were wheeling down the Falcon.

"Excuse me, excuse me." D-O says.

Amara stepped to the side allowing the two droids through. Amara watched them go off, she could've sworn they were racing.

Shaking her head, Amara continued down the corridor. She made her way to the lounge where she found Rey.

Ben wasn't with her.

"Morning," Amara announced her presence to her.

Rey looks up, "Good morning," Rey gives a small smile, "How are you?"

"Tired, sore, but okay." She gives a small smile.

Rey nods.

Amara moves over to the table where Rey was sitting at. Amara sat down at the table next to her, glancing at the woman.

"What is it?" Amara asks.

Rey frowns, "Everyone is going to hate me when they know the truth, aren't they?" She asks.

Amara looks puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"Poe, Finn, Rose, Kaydel, everyone-." Rey looks at Amara, "When they find out I am a Palpatine, they'll never look at me the same."

Amara shakes her head, "No, Rey, no. They would never hold what Palpatine was against you. You had no way of knowing," Amara reached out and touched Rey's hand, "You were a child then."

Rey sighs with a frown, "I wish Leia was here," She says, "She'd know what to say, she had been there with her father being Darth Vader."

Amara looks up at the ceiling of the Falcon, "Family isn't just blood, Rey." She says and glanced over at Rey, "I mean look at you and Finn."

"What about Finn and I?" Rey asks.

"You love him?" Amara asks.

Rey nods, "Of course. I love Finn, but not in the same way you love Poe." She says.

Amara gives a small smile, "I know that," She says, "The love you feel for Finn is like the love I feel for Ben. He's my brother and Finn is like a brother."

Rey nods.

"You don't have to claim the name Palpatine as your surname." Amara says, "You can always just stay as Rey if you want."

Rey glanced over at Amara.

Amara had rose from the seat and began to walk toward the doorway she had just came through moments ago.

"Or you can just take a surname from someone in the Resistance." Amara says, "Like Solo is available as is Organa. Hell you could always be a Skywalker."

Rey looks at Amara intensely, "Really?"

Amara nods, "Yeah." She says, "I mean I always considered you family, so I wouldn't be offended if you took one of my family names."

Rey gives Amara a bigger smile, "Thank you."

Amara smiles back at her before heading out.

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}