64

AMARA ARRIVED in the communication room to be greeted by Rey, Finn, and Poe. She looked in the room, noting that Senator Ara and her brother were not here.

"Where is Dorian and Senator Ara?" Amara asks.

Rey looks at Amara, "She went to her quarters with the company of guards." She says.

Amara nods.

Amara walked further into the room. She stepped over to the table that previously had the hologram of the footage from the roof playing.

"So what did the sniper tell you?" Amara asks.

"Not much," Finn says, "I don't know how Rey even got anything from him."

That mere comment caused Amara to glance over at Rey, as well as Poe. Finn, seemed a bit dumbfounded on the reason.

"What we did find out is Jetu is here on Naboo," Poe says, "Likely to finish the job in case his assassin was caught."

Amara nods, "That makes sense." She ponders over it.

Poe kept his eyes on her, "Our next plan of action was trying to get Jetu to show himself." He says, "We just need to figure out how."

Amara glanced from the table to Poe, "We give him what he wants."

"What?" Finn asks.

Amara pulled up on the controls an image of Ara. Amara turns to look at the three of them, the resemblance was there.

"What if we give him Senator Ara, but instead of actually giving him Ara, we give him me?" Amara asks.

"Wha- What?" Finn asks.

Poe shakes his head, "No. No. We are not going to risk your life." He says.

Amara looks at Poe, "I do not want something to happen to anyone because of something we could've done." She says, "Besides with the right makeup and clothing, I'd look like her."

Rey kept her eyes on Amara, "And what would you do when you're captured by him?" She asks.

"Put a tracker on me." She says, "That way you can find us."

Poe crosses his arms on his chest and looks at her. He shakes his head, hating the idea. But he had stopped his pace when he felt Amara touch his arm.

"Poe," Amara says, "I am not a risk taker, but this might be the only way to insure the safety of Senator Ara."

Poe looks at her and sighs, "Finn and Rey, go to Senator Ara's chambers and tell her the plan." He says, "I will only conduct this with her support."

Amara kept her gaze on him.

Both Rey and Finn exchanged looks before parting. The couple did not move an inch until the door shut behind Rey and Finn, leaving them alone.

"R2 picked up that you weren't in the palace when you said you were out patrolling," Poe says, "Where did you run off to?"

Amara frowns, "I didn't run off,"

Poe shakes his head, "That's exactly what you did." He says, "Amara, what is going on?"

Amara looks down and then to him, "I can't-,"

Poe reached over and grabbed her hands. His eyes never left looking at her. He sees her worry, he sees her concern. Poe may not have some ability to sense things in the Force, but he can see that something is wrong with her.

"You don't need to pull away from me," Poe says.

Amara shakes her head, "I am not pulling away from you." She says.