30

WHEN HE returned he hoped to see Amara, but he was not given that opportunity. Instead, he and his squad were hauled off to debrief with the General. Once Poe thought debriefing was over, he was hailed to remind in the command center with her. Even signalling that people leave them be. Poe was confused onto why Leia had instructed others to leave, he thought he was doing well and didn't warrant a lecture.

Leia looks into Poe's eyes, "You might want to sit down for this, Poe." She tells him.

As Poe sits down, he hears it all. Leia informs him of Amara's recent episode. Her collapsing on the Falcon and how she was unconscious for two days. This left Poe standing up and wanting to check on her, but Leia persisted that he remain with her and listened to everything. Despite his better judgement, Poe sat back down to listen to Leia. Leia goes on to add about Amara's vision and how it connects with her repressing her knowledge of being Force sensitive when she was a child. She tells Poe about this mysterious voice and planet that Amara saw in her vision. Leia told Poe the entire conversation.

The hair on Poe's neck stick up.

Someone is out there who has known about Amara's abilities all this time and now they are all made aware of this.

Leia reached over to touch Poe's arm, "I told her not to tell you, Poe. She was ordered not to while you were away. I promised her that I'd tell you when you returned." She tells him.

Poe only nods.

After a few short minutes, Poe got up from where he sat.

"Um, excuse me, General." Poe says and heads out.

Leia doesn't stop him. She knew he needed to process all of this. And soon so will Finn and Rey, but she wanted Poe to be the first to know. He deserved to not just because he is a commander but also because he has feelings for her daughter.

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}

SITTING IN the dirt, Amara was cleaning her blaster but listened to the grunts and groans from Finn as he and Rey trained. Amara couldn't help but smile at that.

"Come on, Finn," Rey says, "You're leaving yourself open."

"I am not!" Finn exclaims, "You're using the Force against me!"

Rey shakes her head, "I am not," She turns to Amara, "Right?"

Amara lifts her head from her blaster. A rag in one hand and a blaster in another, Amara looked ill prepared to response.

"Uh, right." Amara answers.

Finn gestured with the stick he was using as a fake sword to Amara. He pointed the stick at Amara and she had a move her body a little bit for fear of being hit by the stick.

"Come on, Rey," He says, "Amara hasn't been paying attention."

Finn is then met with both girls grinning at him, which caused him to toss the stick down and pout. Causing Rey to assure him that they were only teasing him. Amara can't help but smile.

She really misses Vira. She missed having her best friend by her side talking until dawn and laughing about stupid stuff. Although, despite the pain of Vira's death being new still, having Rey and Finn around has made grieving a little easier. She has people she can come to that isn't her mom or Poe. Amara lowered her gaze to her blaster as she was using the towel to rub away the dirt from her blaster. She wondered how Poe was doing. Her mom had made contact with him earlier today and said he should be home any minute, but never clarified when.

Amara frowns.

She wonders if her mom was going to tell Poe about her vision first thing or wait a while. She didn't know how he was going to handle it and Amara wasn't sure she'd be able to handle a negative response from him.