61

POE HAD meetings all morning. He and Finn were in and out of meetings, ranging from meetings with Jannah and her company trying to free the Stormtroopers from the First Order's control to New Republic senators wishing to have some time to discuss the future.

The future.

The word ranging in Poe's head since the sun had risen. He kept wondering a lot about his future. For starters, he was expected here as general with Finn, that is if Finn doesn't decide to go off with Rey and possibly Ben to try and restore the Jedi Order.

That brought a new thought to his head. What about Amara? Sure she is Ben's little sister but she was also a Jedi. She had a responsibility to the the future of the Jedi, and now it made Poe wonder if that also included him.

Poe found himself sitting in his makeshift office, still refusing to take over Leia's spot. He leaned his head back against the seat to stare at the cave ceiling. Sure, he loves Amara. He loves her with all his heart. He had never felt so happy and so connected to another person before Amara. Subconsciously, Poe reached for his mother's ring and began to palm the ring in his hand.

A knock on the wall gained it attention, Poe's little office was a tent in the cave. So the only hard surface besides his desk was the wall next to the tent.

Poe glanced over.

It was Kaydel Connix.

"Connix," Poe says.

Connix walks over and placed a datapad in his hands, "Sorry I know you wanted to be alone but Senator Ara Naberrie wishes to have a meeting with you, Amara, Finn, and Rey in the coming days."

"Senator Ara Naberrie?" Poe asks, "Why does that name sound familiar?"

Connix fidgets a little, "She is the Senator of Naboo, General." She says.

Poe looks up from the datapad, "What?" He asks.

Connix nods, "Yes." She then adds, "If you want I can always bring this to Amara, Rey, and Finn's attention."

Poe waves it off, "I'll address them later." He says, "By the way are is everything ready for tonight?"

Connix nods again, "Yes, sir."

Poe nods, "Good." He looks at her, "You're dismissed."

Connix nods and then turns to leave the tent.

Poe looks at the datapad. He thought about Senator Ara Naberrie. The name, the family name of Naberie sounded familiar. He could've sworn he knew where he had heard it turns back and lets his head rest on the back of the chair. His gaze going back to the ceiling. His mind going back to his thoughts.

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}

AMARA CAVED and allowed Finn and Rey to use her secret spot for training, it allowed Ben to sneak away from the Falcon and sort of hide out with them and still be social. Although, Ben skipped the first day of training for Finn. Ben knew to give it space before trying to be friendly with the boys, although he did have fun teasing Poe yesterday. Instead, Ben wanted to mediate in the silence of the Falcon.

And that's what Finn was being forced to do by the girls, well actually Rey. Amara was just there for moral support and criticizing. Finn sat crossed legged in the center of the surface, eyes closed, and taking Rey's advice to try and focus. Meanwhile, the two girls sat a little away having lunch.

Finn opens one eye, "I don't think it's working."

Rey glanced over, "You need to focus." She says.

"I am focusing-!" Finn yells.

Amara shakes her head, "If you were focusing you wouldn't be talking." She calls back.