TF 3| Mirage x female! Werecat reader

Warnings: Swearing & abuse.

Plot: Mirage becomes your guardian, but you don't want it. Too scared he'll figure out the truth and doesn't like you anymore.

Date: 26/08/21
______________________
• Mirage's P.O.V •
(Y/n) was talking to Lennox, about me. She's not happy that I was assigned to be her guardian. I have always wanted a charge, but she didn't want a guardian. I don't know why, I thought I made a good first impression but I guess I was wrong. When I talked to her this morning, she freaked out and started yelling at me that she didn't want and need me. I didn't want to show anyone that she hurt my feelings. I have liked (Y/n) since I met her, I have a crush on her and now she rejects me like trash while I always thought we were sort of friends. "Mirage!"

I slowly walked up to Lennox. "(Y/n), Mirage wants to support you," Lennox said as he gestured at me. "I don't need him!" she snapped. I just stood there awkwardly looking at one another, questioning myself why Lennox gestured to me to come over so she could burn me to the ground again. Gosh, it hurts when your crush is being rude and mean in front of you. I thought she would be happy to have me as her guardian, guess I was wrong. "Leave me alone, Mirage! I don't need you as my damn guardian!" she hissed and turned around, pushing me aside.

"I am sorry, Mirage. I know she means a lot to you..." he trailed off. I waved it off and left him standing there. I didn't want to show him how ashamed I was. (Y/n) is probably going to complain to Optimus about it and he'll tell her I was the one who suggested it. I spotted her marching through the halls like she owned the place. I sprinted after her, "(Y/n)... I know you're not happy with me right now, but can you stop walking for a second?" I grabbed her arm and turned her around.

She was pissed off. "Why did Optimus even suggest this! Why? It's stupid..." I shook my head, "I don't know either... Please calm down for a second. Let's talk about this, okay?" I asked. She shook her head, "no, I am going to school and you fix this. I don't need you. I can take care of myself," she snapped and pushed me aside. Why is she so upset about it? She looks so agitated. I headed for the Autobot hanger and tried to find a way to work things out.

• (Y/n)'s P.O.V •
I brushed some tears off my face. Why did Optimus assign him to be my guardian? If he finds out about my secret, he'll make fun of me, and call me a monster like my dad does. I don't think I will ever get over it if Mirage rejects me too. I will lose my best friend. I can't lose him too, just like I lost my mom. I brushed another tear off my face and hopped out of the bus, approaching my school. It's not really a place I'd like to be either, but everything is better than home.

"(Y/n)!" I halted to look at the kids who were taunting my name and yelled at me. It will never stop either. I quickly headed inside towards my first class of today and hopefully they won't bother me as much as they have done the last few weeks. Beating me up and humiliating me in front of large groups. I never felt so ashamed of myself before.

After another awful day at school, I headed home only to be welcomed with a drunk father. He grabbed me and dragged me inside, not even bothering to shut the door. I slammed into the wall and collapsed. "You are a stupid brat!" he slurred and kicked me a good couple of times in my ribs. He grabbed my (h/c) hair and punched me a good couple of times in the gut before I lost consciousness.

I woke up with Mirage sitting next to me, or holding me in his arms. "(Y/n)... are you okay?" he whispered, rubbing my cheek and helped me sit, still supporting my back. "What are you doing here?" I asked, not answering his question. "I came to talk to you... your sire..." I cut him off. "It's fine. Please, don't––" he sighed and hugged me again. "Have you spoken to Optimus yet?" I asked, getting up. "Why don't you like me? Why don't you want me as your guardian?" he asked. "Because I can handle it on my own... honestly, I don't need you to protect me. I can protect myself."