TF 3| Sunstreaker x teenage! Female reader ((fluff)) [part 1]

This isn't a request, but a short story I came up with today. Just some fluff and tomorrow I'll publish Bayverse Optimus Prime x chubby reader so stay tuned.

Warnings: Swearing, depression, self-harm
(Y/n) age: 18

Part 1:

I headed back towards the base after a long tough day at school. I just finished my math exam and it went perfectly fine thanks to Optimus. Whenever I had a problem I could rely on him. He's been so helpful and I really saw him as my dad. Being an orphan isn't always easy and Optimus had saved me seven years ago when Starscream nearly killed me. I was only 11 at the time and nearly dying from dehydration and starvation. The Autobots are my family and they are all I need.

Throughout the years, I developed a special bond with Sunstreaker. He caught my heart right away and it took me two long years to fully win his trust. Once I did, I had a friend for life. Later when Sideswipe arrived, they didn't let me go anymore. Wherever I was, they were on my side, but what I had with Sunstreaker is something unique and special. Something I will always cherish.

"Ah, (y/n) I am glad to see you," Ratchet said. "Why's that? Missed me I joked. He rolled his optics and shrugged. "Listen, it's Sunstreaker..." he said and I frowned. "What's wrong? Is he injured?" I asked. "No, no... well, not physically. He's mentally unstable again... can you talk to him and see if you can help him?" He asked. I nodded, "yes, I will try but no promises."

He gave a small nod and walked off. I searched for him in room. It was filled with art and art supplies. It's his space, and he often comes here to calm down or isolate himself and completely focus on his passion. I loved watching him, although, he didn't always allow me to stay. He just wants to be alone sometimes and I respected that.

Sunstreaker is often misunderstood by humans and even some mechs. Besides his psycho side, anger, and hate, there houses an insecure mech and I know because he has shown me before. He loved cuddled as long as it isn't in public and he loves close contact. He's just... too stubborn to show his sparkling side. It's adorable to see that side and often I tease him a little bit to make him cuddle. Especially when he's grumpy.

I pushed open the door, but Sunny wasn't in his room. "Hmm..." I hummed while looking around to see if he had been here in general today, but that wasn't the case. His brushes were clean and dry. No sketchbook either, most of the time he leaves them on the table when he starts a new drawing so he came continue them throughout the day. Some of his drawings took months to finish. He's so precise.

I checked a few other locations but without success. He's good at disappearing and I bet Mirage is jealous of his skills. Often, it's not a good sign, or rather means he's killing someone or just struggled with himself. I bit my lip and decided to walk back to my room. If he shows you then I will see him. I learned the hard way that pushing and forcing him to talk and see me is going to end in a disaster.

Of course Sunny is a fearless war machine and probably the best front liner Optimus has ever had, but he often underestimates himself and he thinks he can handle everything on his own. He pushed his feelings aside to serve and doesn't show anyone how much pain he has in his spark.

I opened the door and was a little surprised to step into a dark room. I am pretty sure I opened the curtains and blinds this morning. Through a small crack in the curtains, a ray of daylight entered the room and allowed me to look around and spot Sunny sitting in the corner. So this is where he has been hiding all day.

"Sunny?"

I closed the door and walked up to him, but he didn't respond. "Hey, what's wrong?" I whispered. He curled deeper into the corner and didn't show me his face. A concerned look spread over my face. He has had a mental breakdown before, but not this bad. "Sunstreaker..." I murmured, touching him again. He still didn't talk or even made a sound. I slowly ran my hand over his flank and shoulder. His muscles were tensed and stiff like he had been laying in this position for hours.