"Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him." Poe says, "About his mother."

After that comment, the First Order began their attack. Poe glanced down at his displays, which were beeping rapidly.

"BB-8! Punch it!" Poe yells.

BB-8 beeps excitedly, as the X-Wing's rear nozzles fire it hurdles forward. The velocity causes BB-8's head to slip back from his round body.

"Wa-hoo!" Poe grunts, "That's got a kick."

Poe's fighter soars atop of the Fulminatrix's hull, weaving and rolling throughout the aircraft's laserfire. Poe manages to fire at the Fulminatrix's enemy cannons with his own.

"Alright, taking out the cannons now." Poe says, "Tallie, start your approach."

"Copy that," Tallie says over the comms.

The starfighters soar through the chaos. Poe glanced around the Fulminatrix, trying to find their cannons. Other pilots blast at some, destroying them. The Fulminatrix has small explosions coming from it due to the hits.

"There's one cannon left," Poe says, "And here comes the parade."

A squadron of enemy TIE fighters swoop over in pursuit of the Resistance. BB-8 starts chirping nervously.

"Yeah, yeah, I see 'em!" Poe yells.

As one of the TIE ships open fire on Poe's X-Wing ship's aft, sparks begin to fly. Poe's ship's cockpit machinery are sparking. Which was worrisome.

"No, no. Dammit!" Poe yells, "BB-8, my weapon systems are down. We gotta take out that last cannon or our bombers are toast. Make your magic work, buddy."

BB-8 drops down to a socket to a cable-filled hold. His head hovers from his body as he searches through the craft compartments. Appendages on his telescoping arm plug damaged panel sections, but more begin to spark as BB-8 chirps nervously.

{THE LAST JEDI}

AMARA LISTENED to Poe's voice through the comms. She leaned against the panel of controls and stared at it, thinking if she kept her eyes on it, Poe would be okay.

"The last transport is in the air," Connix says, "The evacuation is complete."

Leia smiles and says to Poe, "You did it, Poe. Now get your squad back here so we can get out of this place."

"No, General." Poe says, "We can do this. We have- a chance to take down a dreadnought."

Amara leans into the speaker, "Poe Dameron, don't you dare-!"

"These things are fleet killers. We can't let it get away." Poe exclaims.

"Disengage now, Commander, that is an order!" Leia yells.

Amara looks at her mother. She never saw her mom yell at Poe. Poe has always been at her mother's side being the poster child for the Resistance, always listening to her word like it was gospel, so seeing this shocked her. C-3PO stands over next to Amara and Leia. The droid looks over at Leia, it seemed as if the droid was about to say something.

"Wipe that nervous expression off your face, 3PO." Leia says.

3PO seemed a bit startled by that comment, "Oh. Well, I'll certainly try, General." He says, "Nervous?"

Amara eyes drift from that to the communications. She closed her eyes and exhaled, she was really hoping Poe would follow her mother's orders.

"Come back to me," Amara told Poe right before he left in his X-Wing.