When Koshi met his eyes, Mateo simply nodded at him.

The former sighed before standing up from where he was sitting.

"I have an idea. I wonder if Generals can spare me a time to listen to me?" His sudden interruption caught the generals in surprise. Anyway, although Koshi was nervous about talking with these big figures, he still stoo straight there and faced them with full confidence. He knew this was the only way he could gain respect of these Generals. Look how they were willing to listen to Mateo and Rui who could carry themselves in front of everyone confidently.

"And who are you?" General Hidalgo asked.

"He is my daughter's brother, Koshi, you dolt." General Vicente scolded General Hidalgo because of his tone.

Agad namang natahimik si General Hidalgo. Well, since Yumi rescued Helena from being executed, he had a huge respect to that lady as his family's benefactor.

"Young lad, go on and share your ideas then." General Alvaro told him.

Koshi breathed deeply and began telling them the strategy he had thought of.

***

Koshi's idea was using the divide and conquer tactic. They would divide themselves into six teams and lured the puppets in six different ways.

After that, they would use Kami's potions and Yumi's poisons to take down the puppets.

Kami had prepared them lots of that sleeping potion while Yumi gave them desensitized poison which could disable the puppets from moving and shutting off their senses.

Of course, they had to use these means because they didn't really want to kill these puppets at all.

They were aware that these puppets didn't know what they were doing and despite them attacking their side mercilessly, they still couldn't bring theirselves to really end the lives of these puppets.

And so, each team had been given either a potions or poisons and after that they just had to eliminate as many puppets as they could in the end.

However, this strategy might be effective but unfortunately, they didn't have enough poisons and potions for these puppets. Mukha nga ding ni hindi man lang sila nangalahati sa mga napatumba nila.

Just after several days of their divide and conquer strategy, they had decided to retreat again and to meet and think another way to handle these puppets.

Unfortunately, their retreat wasn't very difficult this time. Because the puppets seemed to realize what they were about to do so they attacked and chased them harder this time which prevented most of them to go back to the retreat place Kami and Koshi had provided for them.

Seeing this situation, Rui had to take extreme measures. After all, he just saw General Vicente and Mateo in the middle of the mob.

Koshi and Daichi were also not able to get back on the retreat area yet.

They were all Yumi's family. So if something would happen to them now, it was still him who needed to explain to him about it.

Besides, she already lost people too much. He couldn't let her lost more this time.

"Assassin Guild! To the front!" Rui shouted.

When Assassin Guild heard that call, whether they were near or far, they still followed the command of Rui at once.

These past few months, it was true that they followed Mateo's order. But Rui's command definitely surpassed Mateo's. He was one of the Vice Leaders of their guild so other than Kami and Yumi, his words were ultimate for them.

Anyway, they quickly took over the frontlines at once. Rui had joined them too.

"Hear me, Assassin Guild! Do not let these puppets come any nearer to the retreat area. If you have to use everything you have, do it. The boss doesn't train you hard for nothing."

"Hear!"

After that, ikinabigla na lang ng lahat na unti unti ng nauubos ang mga puppets na nasa paligid nila.

When they realized what was happening at the frontline, they couldn't help feeling be amazed.

These Assassin Guild...

Weren't their fighting prowess too extreme?

"What are they doing? They will exhaust themselves." General Vicente said full of concern.

However, Mateo could only sigh.

He also realized that these people were just following his order just because of Yumi. But their true masters were those three. And only them could make them fight like machines gaya na lang ng ginagawa nila ngayon.

"Damn! Who are these people? They could push back those huge amounts of puppets." General Hidalgo said out of amazement.

"We should not be content with these. They might be fighting so hard right now but once they get tired..." -General Arturo.

"Then let's put the fire on these woods now and just leave them space where they could enter."

The others quickly agreed and they began working at once.

Meanwhile, Rui was not entirely absorbed with fighting the puppets at all.

He might have asked their people to fight in front but it didn't mean he would let them die because of it.

He was observing his men at the same time. And if there were anyone who were reaching their limits, he would ask them to fall back.

Soon, most of their men had already gone back to retreat area.

At this point of time, sila Rui at ang mga team leaders na lang ang natitira.

"Vice Leader, you can go back there already. We will hold off the fort for everyone."

"Don't be an idiot, Xun Xue. We will all go back together."

"But these puppets will surely chase after us."

"That's right, Vice Leader. There need to be some of us to stay here and hold the fort. We can do that, Vice Leader. We can buy you time until you can go back."

"We will go back together. That's final." Rui couldn't help frowning at these team leaders. Did they really think he would let that happen?

Yumi would berate him.

Besides, his conscience wouldn't be able to take it.

"Prepare to fight hard while slowly falling back. Hear me properly. All of us will be back at retreat area. No one will be left behind."

Nagkatinginan na lang sila Xun Xue at ang ibang team leaders. If Xun Bao was there, he might be able to reason out with Rui. Unfortunately, he and his team had remained at Noveno to defend the rest of people there if ever.

Anyway, since Rui had already commanded them, they would do as he say. They prepared themselves to fight hard and fall back but if the situation turned to worst, they would definitely prepare to defend Rui at all cost.

Rui was also thinking the same thing though.

Their small group had been planning how to defend each other at critical point that they didn't notice right away that someone was approaching them from above.

"Aiyaaa... Isn't this a touching scene?"

***