"Mira, it doesn't have to be right now, but can we talk? Tomorrow? Saturday?" The earnest voice from Shoto made my heart clench, a wince accompanying it.

"Saturday. Let's talk Saturday." 

Enough time to prepare myself. Hopefully.

"Thank you - hello Bakugo."

I suddenly felt a large, warm hand gripping my elbow. 

"You're going to make us miss the bus, IcyHot!" Katsuki replied to Shoto's manneristic greeting... unmannerly. Then I was being dragged from my spot on the stairs. "Don't drag your feet!" He shouted to me.

My legs unconsciously began to move properly. I looked over my shoulder, at Shoto who stood still and just watched. Our eyes connected, and I nodded. Saturday. We'll talk Saturday.

I returned my focus ahead of me, letting myself be pulled along by Katsuki's large hand. I suppose I should thank him, for getting me out of a situation where I couldn't respond.

"If you feel uncomfortable, don't just fucking stand there." I looked up, barely making out Katsuki's profile from behind his hair.

"How'd you know I was uncomfortable?" I asked. I didn't think it was obvious.

He yanked me, surprisingly not hard, to walk side-by-side with him. "If you're not talking and glaring at the ground, you're uncomfortable."

"But... yeah." I couldn't dispute it. We walked out the gate, the bus pulling up to the stop. I looked down at the hand around my elbow. Tight enough to keep me by his side, but not enough to hurt. 

"You like holding onto me, don't you?" I ask, not meaning to be teasing. Cause if he asked that, I would have said yes.

Katsuki instantly let go of me. "You were just walking too fucking slow!" Not a no.

"You like the word 'fuck' a lot." I made an observation.

"You like the word 'shit' a lot." He countered. I scoffed

We stepped on the bus, near the back, taking a seat together. "I mean, fuck can be turned on you easily. Shit doesn't." 

"What are you saying?" He gave me a frowning face. I made it clear for him.

"If I said 'fuck me' when I make a mistake or 'fuck you' when I'm pissed off with someone else, it could quickly be turned against me."

"Why are you going on a rant about the downsides of fuck?"

"It's not a rant! It's an... explanation of my reasoning for using shit."

"Ok."

"Huh?"

"Do you have a problem with me saying ok?"

"I didn't know your mouth could form that word."

That's when a large hand started shaking my head around.

********************

I sat at island, absentmindedly opening my iPad and scrolling to FaceTime.

Katsuki just got back from changing at his house, now on the sofa and changing channels. We went to see a movie, a new 'superhero' movie, on a whim. Then ate a quick chicken dinner, and returned. On the way back, I got pads and...

I was tired.

Tired from being sleep-deprived. Tired from looking at every face that passed by me, looking for that purple woman that looked so much like Mrs. Osaka. Tired from keeping my thoughts at bay.