chapter forty-nine

published on july 14, 2021

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Harry woke up at 7 am to Niall getting up to go pee for the 5th time.

"How much more pee do ya have in there?" Harry asked, looking over his shoulder at Niall and watching him lay back down on the couch. Louis was still asleep in Harry's arms, and Zayn and Liam were asleep on the other end of the couch, so Harry kept his voice quiet.

"Sorry lad - I had a lot of water," Niall said, letting out a laugh before closing his eyes and trying to fall back asleep.

Harry looked back over at Louis and saw his eyes move a little bit. Louis slowly opened his eyes and smiled as he saw Harry watching him.

"What time is it?" Louis asked, rubbing his eyes.

Harry looked over at the clock on the wall and replied, "7:06."

Louis looked up at Harry and let out a little whine. "Why are you up so early?" He pushed his face into Harry's chest and Harry pulled him closer by putting both of his arms around him and hugging him tightly.

"Well Niall here-" Niall was now snoring from the couch. "-got up to pee for the 100th time and nearly stepped on me, so he woke me up and now he seems to be asleep again," Harry said into Louis' hair.

"And you're not going to be able to fall back to sleep, are you?" Louis asked.

"Nope."

Louis let out a laugh then pressed a kiss to Harry's chest. Harry's breath hitched when he felt Louis' lips against him. Louis sat up on the mattress and Harry let go of him. Harry was still laying down on his side and watched Louis with a fond expression.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked as Louis started to stretch his arms.

"Well if you're not going back to sleep, I guess I'll stay up with you."

Harry sat up and leaned in to give Louis a kiss. Louis met him in the middle and the kiss was short but sweet.

Louis leaned in and whispered to Harry, "Go get dressed, we are going out."

Harry was about to open his mouth and protest but Louis put his finger over his mouth and said, "No questions."

Harry went over to his bag and grabbed a pair of jeans and hoodie out of it, and then headed into his room to change. When he walked in it was the same as he left it: empty. Before he thought about it too much, he got changed and tried to tame his hair. Louis was playing with it last night so that did not help his situation.

When all else failed, he grabbed a bandana and tied it around his head, using it to push the curls out of his face. He poked his head into Anne's room, knowing she would be up, and told her that he and Louis were going out but would be back soon.

Once he got back downstairs (being as quiet as possible so the others wouldn't wake up, of course), he saw Louis waiting at the door.

"Do you have my keys?" Harry asked as he got closer.

"Maybe," Louis giggled and held the door open for Harry to walk out.

As they were walking to the car, Harry asked, "What if the others wake up and we're not there?"

"Believe me, they won't be up for hours," Louis said, rolling his eyes slightly. "They sleep until twelve every day we don't have school."

Louis walked over to the passenger side of Harry's dad's car and held the door open for him. Harry got in and watched Louis walk around to the other side. Louis hopped in the driver's seat and turned on the engine.