sixteen

In which the protagonist turns out to be a dumbass

It's 2 am, and Luis and i are trying our hardest not to be loud as we make our way back to our hotel room.

Neither one of us have had a drop of alcohol, but we've been laughing hysterically for the past ten minutes.

As soon as Luis clicks the door shut behind him, we burst into laughter.

"Did you see...when Aunt Louise... did the worm?" Luis says between breathes.

I bend over, resting my hands on my knees as i gasp for air, laughing so hard my ribs are aching.

"I love your family so much." i sigh, sitting down on the bed as i finally calm down but still chuckling.

Luis runs his hands through his hair, a wide grin on his mouth.

"Just wait until you meet Mom's side." he looks over at me as he walks to the bathroom.

"I won't be long." he dissapears behind the door.

The shower starts running moments later.

I lean down, untying my shoes and slipping them off. I pull my hair out of the ponytail and run my fingers through it as i stand up.

I sit on the bed for a couple minutes before the shower stops again. A minutes after that, Luis emerges, a towel wrapped around his waist.

He glances at me, reaching into his bag and pulling out a pair of boxer shorts.

"You wanna watch me get dressed Dev?" he hums, smiling.

Oh my gosh. I didn't realise i was staring.

"I'm gonna go shower." i announce, walking over to my bag and grabbing my toiletry bag.

"Is that an invite?" Luis eyes me, a cheeky grin on his lips.

"Keep dreaming love." i roll my eyes. Just before i walk into the bathroom i stop.

"Can you unzip me?" i look back at him.

He walks over, slowly brushing my hair over my shoulder as he reaches. He takes the zip between his fingers and pulls it down.

"Thanks." i whisper.

I step into the bathroom, closing the door and dropping my dress to my ankles.

The water feels even more beautiful than it did last night. I stand under the shower head and let the warm liquid run from my head to my toes.

After washing my body and hair, i step out of the shower and do my usual skincare and brush my teeth before slipping into my black underwear.

I reach for my pyjamas but my fingers hit the cold counter. I look over to where my clothes are, only they aren't because i forgot to bring them in.

I close my eyes, exhaling from my nose. Wrapping the towel back around my body, i open the door and walk out.

Luis is led on his back, his arms behind his head. His eyes follow me silently as i walk around the bed to my suitcase.