Chapter 322

Antonio's POV: As everybody looked at me, worried about my sobriety..I just shook my head because I was shocked that they didn't think that maybe I had an ulterior motive for having a bottle with a whisky label in there. Looking at Matt, I went to nod at him. "Hey Matt, how about you open that bottle and smell it?" Matt was confused when he went to open it. Smelling the inside, he was repulsed. "Okay, what type of whisky smells like that? And why is it so hard." I then laughed. "That my dear friend is my grease jar for when I am done cooking."

Everybody then looked at me and realized that. "You guys really think I would be that stupid just to leave an open bottle of whisky in plain sight? C'mon guys, be realistic and remember that alcoholics are pretty good at hiding the fact that they are drinking again." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Point taken. So spill, where is your hiding spot?" I then laughed. "I don't have one yet. You really think I've even had time to go to the liquor store?" Matt then went to grab some glasses of water for him and Gabby. Carrying them over to her, he went to sit on the couch.

Looking at me, Sylvie shook her head. "No, because you've either been with me and the kids, at work or sleeping." I nodded and agreed with her before walking over to her and sitting on the couch. Matt then smiled at me while he sat on the couch closest to Gabby while she fed little Ella in her arms. "How she doing at night? She sleeping through the night yet?" Matt groaned and shook his head. "Sometimes. But of course, the nights she does wake up...it's either the night before my shift or in between shifts. I mean, it's like she knows when to wake up on time."

Gabby laughed when he said that. "Hey, I didn't hear you complain when you get to hold us in your arms in the middle of the night. Both of our boys are asleep...that means you get uninterupted one-on-one time with both of your girls at once." I smiled when she said that. "So listen, we said we were going to talk about something while the kids were asleep." Matt then nodded. "I mean, if it's okay with you guys...I'd like to learn a bit more about uhm, you know." Gabby looked at Matt and nodded. "Yeah of course. I get it." Matt then kissed her head.

"Okay, so how about you start talking and if I have questions, I can just but in." I laughed when he said that and nodded. "Okay, well first of all...not all cases are the same. Sometimes, they are mild or they are extreme. And most of the time, one disorder affects the other. I know in Eva's case...we had to medicate her for OCD more than ADHD because it was more present in her day to day life. She couldn't concentrate as much and stuff. However, I think I might need to take her back. Her meds have changed. If your daughter gets it, watch it okay? They are more picky."

Gabby was confused when I said that. "What do you mean?" I sighed and looked at her. "Women's hormones affect the medication. It was a pain in the ass when it came to readjusting her meds when she was a teenager. Honestly...I mean, just stop changing." Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded. "Now, did you use a specialist for that?" I nodded. "Yeah but, that was when we were living in Miami in the late 2000s." Matt looked at me. "When did you guys live in Miami?" Gabby then shook her head. "Antonio, not me. I was in Chicago at 51 remember?"

Matt nodded and agreed with her. "Right, sorry. 10 years ago now." Gabby nodded and smiled. "So, like I was saying...I was working on a FBI-DEA joint task force at the time. I was working with the drug smugglers who were coming from Europe and the Dominican via Miami." Matt nodded. "So that's why they put you on the case I was involved in. The case with Katya." I nodded and agreed. "That and because I requested to be on your case. Couldn't get my future brother-in-law killed. I was expecting you to propose soon." Matt laughed when I said that. "No shit."

I was confused when he said that. "Oh c'mon. Don't you dare say you forgot. You're the one that came in and barged into my office. I still remember what you said. 'What the hell is she doing this alone? You we're supposed to marry her! And by the way, at the time...we were engaged you fool. I wasn't the one dragging my feet. I was fully ready to Marry her." Gabby then looked at Matt. "Oh c'mon, that's not how it went." Matt looked at her. "You were doing the stuff with Louie, alone at the time. Actually, were doing it together by then."

Gabby nodded and agreed with him. "Antonio, just shut up about it okay? And honestly, who are you to be talking? Last time I checked, you were stringing Brett along at the same time. Matt proposed to me within a year of us getting together. And we pretty much stayed engaged for a couple years. Can't say the same about you mister. You strung Sylvie along for 4 years, broke up with her and just got engaged 18 months ago over Christmas. So, shut the hell up about that because you sir are in no place to judge."

Sylvie laughed when Gabby said that and nodded. "Sorry Antonio but, that's the truth. And if you dare argue with me...there's a nice couch downstairs in the basement that has your name on it." Matt smirked when she said that before looking at me. "Oh boy, here comes the fight." I laughed when Matt said that when I heard the door open. "Dad, I'm here." I smiled when I heard Diego before getting up so that I could go see him.