Chapter 197

Matt's POV: Once I got Gabby a snack, I walked back over to the living room and grave her a bowl of yogurt. "Here, I am going to get Matteo now. Apples or grapes right?" Gabby then looked up at me. "Grapes. There's some ready for him in a baggie in the fridge. I always do it ahead of time in case he's hungry out of the blue." I nodded and smiled at her. "Of course." Walking back to the kitchen, I went to grab it before looking at Matteo. "Here bud, come sit on my lap and I can give you a snack okay?" Matteo then nodded as I went to sit on the couch. Getting up with me, I smiled as he sat with me before opening the bag for him and wrapping my arm around him.

Reaching in to grab some, Matteo went to put some in his mouth and he liked them. I then laughed as I kissed his head, glad he was enjoying the taste of the grapes. "You like those eh buddy?" Matteo then nodded and agreed with me as I turned my attention back to my sister and Violet. "So you guys have any other plans other than this today?" Christie laughed. "I have a hair appointment. My greys are starting to come out." Gabby then stared at her. "What? How in the world are your greys coming out before me? I have 3 kids! And you are still pretty young."

Christie laughed. "Shut up, I'm almost 50. Me and Matt have a 7 year age difference." I then turned to look at Gabby and nodded. "That's how she didn't see much of the abuse that our father inflicted on me and mom." Gabby nodded and understood when I said that before going to look at Christie. "I just wanted to say...because I am not sure if I ever told you this but, I am sorry that you went through that. Having gone through it myself, it's horrible." Christie agreed. "Matt got it worse than me. Dad was unemployed when Matt went through it." I then looked at her, forgetting that. "No, he was working in South Bend more often he said."

Christie laughed. "I think that too until I got a friend request from one Hunter Casey. Said that he has the same dad as us." I was shocked when she said that. "No, you really think that we have a half-brother?" Christie shrugged. "I am not even considering it. At least, not until he gets a DNA test." I agreed. "Gabby has a half-sister by her dad too." Gabby then shook her head. "No, they did the DNA and it was false. You are thinking of Kelly." I then nodded and agreed. "Okay. Well, that's a relief. One less Dawson in the world is better considering who her father is. Long story, not talking about the SOAB to you Christie." Christie nodded and agreed with me.

That's when Matteo looked up at me while cuddling up to me. "Daddy, I done." I then looked into the bowl and saw there was one two left and went to finish them. "What do you want to do buddy?" Gabby then looked me. "You should've made him finish his grapes." I then sighed when she said that. "Gabby, there was 2 left. Relax okay?" Gabby nodded and understood. "Damn Matt, you are brave. Telling her to relax. Thought she had you wrapped around her finger more." I laughed when Christie said that. "Oh she does. Still crazy for her." Gabby smiled when I said that and then went to grab my hand. "Ella is worse though. God, that girl and her daddy."

I smiled and agreed while rubbing her hand. "Oh god, she's going to be trouble. I am positive that I am going to cave for a lot of stuff that she is going to ask me for." Christie smiled and agreed. "You are going to be a great girl dad Matt. I am positive. Based on how you were with Violet when she was younger...I have no doubt that (1) you and Ella are going to have a great relationship and (2) she is going to be able to get away with a lot. I mean, she is adorable. Perfect blend of you and Gabby. Now, she was the one carried by your surrogate right?" I nodded and agreed. "Gabby carried the boys. Ella was our surrogate."

Gabby then turned to look at me. "By the way, where is Ella now anyways?" I then looked around and saw her in Violet's arms. "She's with Violet on the couch. You are being very quiet there Violet." Violet then turned to look at me. "Sorry, she is just so cute." I laughed and agreed. "My thoughts exactly. Cuter than your baby sister right?" Violet then bit her lip and looked at me. "It's a close tie. Sorry, sister versus cousin. Have to go with the sister." I nodded and understood what she meant. "I get it." Violet laughed and smiled when she felt her phone vibrate. Going to check it, she smiled while looking at it. "The boyfriend?"

Violet laughed and agreed with me. "Yeah. Mom, he wants to meet up for lunch? That okay?" Christie then looked at her and sighed. "They need to go down for naps before your brother comes don't they Gabby?" Gabby then looked at the time. "Not for a while. However, isn't your mom coming? Violet can stay until then." I nodded and agreed with her when I heard a knock at the door. "That must be my mom. Just give me a second and she'll be in Christie." Christie nodded and agreed as I got up to go let my mom into the house.