Chapter 195

Matt's POV: After making my way back into the living room and moving to sit next to Gabby, I smiled as I held the card Christie gave me. Looking at it, Gabby just looked at me. "What's that?" I smiled at her. "For my birthday." Gabby smiled and agreed. "Open it." I then agreed before going to open the card and smiled as I went to read it. Opening the card, I saw that Christie got me some Blackhawks tickets for next month. "Sis, these are amazing." Christie agreed. "You can take Matteo for his first hockey game next month. Or take Gabby if she's okay by then?"

I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled at her. "I think I have to take Gabby first. I have always promised to take her to a game but...I haven't done that yet." Gabby then shook her head. 'Nice try. You are not taking me to a game where you didn't buy the tickets." She then went to grab the tickets so she could check the date, etc. "Anyways, we can't accept them because the game is for March 4th." I then turned to look at her and realized why she said that. "Right, I can't accept these Christie." Christie then looked at Gabby. "Thanks for ruining my birthday gift to him Gabby!" I then looked at my sister. "Hey, apologize to Gabby."

Christie then looked at me. "She's getting her tubes tied on March 2nd." Christie then looked at us both. "Oh. I'm sorry Gabby." Gabby then sighed. "Listen, it's the thought that counts. Maybe you and Violet can go." Christie nodded and agreed. "So, you guys are really done eh?" I laughed when she said that. "I am a fire chief now sis and there is no way we can do 4 kids. That's too much." Christie nodded and agreed. "You don't want a second daughter?" I then laughed. "I already have 4 of them." Gabby and Christie then both looked at me.

"Their names are Gianna, Stella, Gabby and Ella." Gabby then laughed when I said that. "Oh, that's what you mean." Christie however, was confused. "What?" I then shook my head. "Gianna, Stella and Gabby work for me at the firehouse. I am basically the house's new father figure considering I am the chief, and it's my job to make sure that they survive each day." Christie nodded and understood a bit more. "Okay, that somewhat makes sense." I then sighed. "That was a bad joke wasn't it?" Gabby then looked at me. "First, give the tickets back."

I nodded and went to give them back to Christie. "Next year maybe." Christie nodded and agreed. "And second, babe that was a horrible dad joke. It's official...you've hit the point where you are making dad jokes." I smiled at her. "Hey, at least I don't have a dad bod yet." Gabby then shook her head. "That you don't." She then put her hand on my neck and went to kiss me sotly. "But enough about that. How about you give Wally to Christie?" That's when I realized that I had been holding him since before I let her in the house. "Right, of course."

Getting up, I then walked over to Christie. "Here sis, hold your nephew Wallace 'Wally' Bode Casey for a little bit." I then smiled as I saw her look at him. "Oh guys, he's gorgeous." I smiled and nodded as I went to sit down next to Gabby. Wrapping my arm around her, I watched as Christie held him when I saw Violet come back. "Okay, so which one can I hold uncle Matt?" Christie then looked up at Violet. "You mean, can I hold one of your babies right?" Violet then nodded. "Right, sorry." I then smiled. "How about you sit with your mom and hold Wally?"

Christie then looked up at her. "Right after you walk over to your uncle and give him an early birthday hug." Violet then nodded and agreed as she came to sit on my lap, hugging me. "Happy early birthday uncle Matt." Wrapping my arms around her, I smiled as I held her close. "Thanks Violet. By the way, you have fun at the Blackhawks game you and your mom are going to." Violet then looked at her mom as she went to sit with her. "I thought those tickets were for uncle Matt?" She then sighed. "You remember how I can't have more kids Violet?"

Violet then nodded. "Well, your aunt is getting the same surgery I got so that she can't have anymore kids. Your uncle needs to be here during her recovery." Violet nodded and understood. "By the way aunt Gabby, how did the birth go? I wanted to be there so that we can give you moral support." Christie nodded. "And I wanted to do the same for you Matt." Matt sighed. "It was a hard time anyways. Boden died 2 or 3 days earlier remember?" I then turned to look at him. "He died 3 days before I went into labor. It took a day to get the news to you and a day to decide whether or not you would go to the funeral. You were leaving the next day."

I nodded and agreed. "Right." Christie then looked at me. "How are you doing with your grieving anyways Matt?"