Chapter 213

Matt's POV: After getting Gabby some water, I made my way back to the living room to see her sitting on the couch with her pump trying to rest her eyes. Going to give her the water, I smiled at her. "Let me guess, you are still tired?" Gabby nodded as she looked up at me. "It's 4 am Matt." I nodded and understood before going to sit down next to her. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to kiss her head while she took a drink of water. "How did you sleep until now? Or has your mind been racing like it does sometimes when we have tough conversations?"

Kissing her head, I just held Gabby close and hoped that she would open up to me. Going to grab my hand, she sighed. "It's been all over the place. Me worrying about whether he has special needs is just hard to deal with. It might mean we need to change things up. Or even ask my mom to move in. Matt, I can't do three kids alone when one of them has special needs. Oh and I am never going back to the firehouse." I nodded and understood before kissing her head, trying to reassure her that everything is going to be okay even though I was worried.

"Can I be honest with you? I am worried too Gabby. I just am having a hard time showing it to you because I don't want to make you more worried." Gabby turned to look at me while wrapping her arm around mine. Gently rubbing it, Gabby sighed as she laid her head down on my shoulder. "Matt, we promised that when it came to the kids...we would be completely honest and open with each other. So no, I don't care whether it might make me worried...I want to hear it okay Matt? That's one place where you can't be my concerned husband and protect me."

I then decided to move her legs into my lap and rubbed them. "I know. And I am sorry about that." Gabby nodded and agreed as she moved into my lap more grabbing my hand, she went to intertwine our fingers. "This is probably not the conversation you want to have at this time of the night is it?" I laughed when she said that. "Completely honesty...I don't really wnat to have any conversation at this time of the night. It's way too early." Gabby smiled and agreed with me as she laid her head down on my chest. "Today, just want to relax in bed?"

I then thought about it before sighing. "Gabby, we need to figure out what we are going to do. Are we going to make an appointment with Dr. Charles or another specialist...or are we just going to put it to him getting used to Chicago again? That's where I am really struggling. If we are going to see if he has anxiety or something...then I want to make that choice sooner rather than later so we can start him on a treatment plan to mkae it easier on you." Gabby understood what I was talking about it and nodded. "Later this morning, can you call and make an appointment?"

I agreed with her before kissing her head. "We'll talk about it one last time later today before we make any concrete the decisions okay? It's too early for that. I know you aren't medicated yet and we both know that you make decisions much easier and better when you're medicated." Gabby laughed and agreed. "Then we should wait until later. Oh but don't you dare think that we aren't going out today to get you some breakfast. You are not cooking mister. Either that or you are staying in bed. My day to cook for you." I smiled while kissing her head.

"Just keep it down okay? We don't need the kids waking up...then we are going to be even more sleep deprived when we wake up later. Now, are we going to head back upstairs when you are done pumping or are we going to stay down here?" Gabby laughed. "We have to head back upstairs. Remember, you didn't bring a baby monitor down here. Or did you?" I nodded. "I have it on my phone. But, I think I would rather go sleep in bed again considering how much more comfortable it is." Gabby smiled when I said that before nodding. "Matteo on the ground."

I laughed when she said that. "Oh definitely, I'll get him a sleeping bag downstairs." Gabby nodded and agreed when I said that before going back to concentrating on pumping some milk for later when the babies need to be fed.