Chapter 314

30 Minutes Later when Matt comes upstairs after eating supper with Gabby:
Matt's POV: After finishing downstairs, I smiled as I made my way up to me and Gabby's bedroom. I told her there was a surprise up here and I was hoping that she found it. Getting undressed and wrapping my towel around my waist, I went to try and find her. "Gabby?" Gabby then looked at me while wearing her robe. "In here." I then smiled when I walked into the washroom to see that she did find my surprise. "What do you think about this? I know it's probably not that warm." She turned in my arms and smiled. "I just put warm water in the bath."

I smiled when she said that and nodded while stepping close to her. "Good call." Moving my hands to her hips, I smiled as she went to rub my arms and kissed me softly. "I love you and this is perfect." I nodded and agreed while going to kiss her forehead softly. "You deserve it after all the stress you have been under recently. But this isn't the only part of the surprise. Let me get in and you get part 2." Gabby then smiled at me. "Is it a whole bunch of attention." I nodded. "You just don't know what type." I then smiled as I let her go, taking off my towel before getting in.

Gabby just looked at me, really confused by my last comment. "Okay, what the hell do you mean by that?" I then looked at her and smiled. "Just get in the bath with me and you will understand. Preferably, in my lap and facing away." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to take off her robe before getting in the bath with me. Moving my hands to her shoulders right when she was sitting down, I started to give her the second part of my surprise, a really nice massage that she has deserved for a while. And boy did Gabby like it. "Oh, that feels amazing. Don't stop."

I smiled when she said that and nodded before feeling her lay back against my chest more. "Does this help you with your stress today?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Yeah, it does. I am sorry for any fights we had today. I really didn't want to fight today of all days. I mean, it's Valentine's Day for crying out loud." I laughed when she said that before going to whisper in her ear. "All that matters is that we resolved our issues before we head to bed. I don't care if we are having a fight before we go into bed. As long as it's resolved before then."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Agreed." Gabby then smiled as she rolled over in my arms, cuddling up to me as I went to kiss her forehead. "I love you." Rubbing her back, I kissed her forehead again as we just held each other close. "Regardless of the fact we are fighting, I want you to remember I always have your back okay? You can count on me like you always have been able to, even when we weren't married." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Even to take me to that charity dinner in December? I already confirmed that they are doing it here."

I smiled and nodded. "Yes, we are going to be there." Gabby smiled and nodded. "If it's okay...I would like to try and get involved in the charity on a part-time basis. Just whenever they are doing events here. I know that's not what..." I stopped her from talking before kissing her softly. "Gabby, that is a great idea. I know how much you liked doing it and how relaxed you always are whenever we did the charity work. So, if you want to try and work ont he charity then go ahead. Just promise that you will let me know when the meetings are so we can get childcare."

Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "You know, I am proud of us." I was confused when she said that and looked at her. "What do you mean?" Gabby then sighed. "I just wish we thought about this years ago but...we found a compromise. I get to do charity from here in Chicago and you get to keep being chief." I nodded and agreed. "Listen, enough about the past okay? We need to just think about our future here with the kids. That's the only thing I like to think about now. Now, anything else you want to talk about while we are relaxed?"

Gabby then sighed. "When we are in bed. I am still having trouble with our thoughts about Matteo. I want to talk about it and figure out what we are doing with that. If we are going to a doctor, I want to do the research." I nodded and agreed with her. "Tomorrow, day in bed with the kids...doing research about it. How does that sound?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Just curious, did we ever tell Antonio about our suspicions about Matteo?" I then shook my head. "No, and we are not going to talk about that when we are naked on Valentine's Day."

Gabby laughed when I said that before moving up my chest, wrapping her arms around my neck and going to kiss me softly. "I'm not wearing a bra tonight. What do you think about that?" I smirked when she said that before kissing her again. "I say, let's go relax in bed so I can hold you against me chest. I love this feeling and want it in bed." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that. "In a bit okay? I am still comfortable. Give me maybe 10 more minutes?" Slipping down my chest, Gabby then went to lay down once again.

I then went to wrap my arm around her back before rubbing it as I kissed the top of her head. "You can take as much time in the bath with me as you want. I am all yours tonight and every night for the rest of your life." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded as we both just held each other close in the bath that night. And while we didn't speak, we didn't need to because we were just enjoying each other's company. And that is exactly what we needed tonight. Time together in the bath.