Chapter 290

Matt's POV: As Gabby and Erin made their way out of the room, they were about to close the door when Gabby stopped. "Hey Matt, your room service that you ordered is here." Turning to look at her, I smiled. "Thanks again for letting me order lunch." Getting up from the bed, I then smiled as I walked over to her and Erin. Looking at the bellhop, I smiled. "Thanks again. This quesedilla looks delicious." The bellhop nodded and agreed as he smiled. "Just put the cart out when you are done and have a good day." I nodded and agreed before looking at Gabby. "You have fun and be safe okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she gave me a quick kiss before leaving with Erin to head downstairs to the spa where they can relax.

Walking in with my quesedilla and closing the door behind me, I smiled as I went to grab the plate before going to sit on the bed with Ella. "So, which one is your favorite out of your two babies?" I looked at Jay when he said that and laughed. "It's Ella. I mean, she is totally a daddy's girl. She loves to cuddle up to me. But, I have to steal her from Gabby all the time. I mean c'mon babe, you really need to let me have time with my only daughter more." Jay laughed when I said that. "Yet sometimes, I feel like I have too much time with Olivia. She is so clingy right now." I nodded and agreed as I went to grab my laptop. "Hey so can you do me a favor?"

Jay then looked at me. "Depends what it is?" I then sighed. "I have to do some work on my laptop. Can you just keep an eye on the babies? They should be fine and I am not going anywhere but, I am going to be a bit distracted. I have a lot of e-mails to go through." Jay was confused when I said that. "A fire chief has a lot of e-mails to go through?" I sighed when he asked me that. "It's furlough request time. So that means that people are sending me what days they want off. I need to approve it all and co-ordinate with the floater schedule." Jay nodded and agreed with me. "Good luck."

I laughed when he said that before going to start looking at my e-mail. I decided to check the report that Severide sent me his crew's updated furlough days count. Looking at it, I saw that Capp had a lot of furlough dates and he definitely needed to take some. I then went to check whether he went to take some and sighed when he didn't take any. Grabbing my phone, I decided to call him in my contacts. "Jay, can you turn it down? I need to make a call to one of my guys. They need to take some furlough and haven't requested any. He has too many days."

Jay then laughed when he turned to look at me. "Nothing like getting a request from your boss to take furlough." I laughed and agreed when I got Capp. "Hi Capp, this is Chief Casey." Capp then laughed. "Oh believe me, I know. Happy belated birthday Chief." I smiled when he said that. "Thanks. But listen, I am going through the furlough requests right now and I didn't see one from you." Capp then sighed when I said that. "I don't want to take any. I need to keep working." I sighed when he said that. "Capp, you have way too much furlough built up. I see you have 3 months worth. If you have that much, you must have last taken one 2 years ago."

Capp agreed. "Yeah, since before the pandemic." I understood. "Then please Capp, take some time off. You guys need to rest after the pandemic. And you also need to grieve. The records say that you didn't even take any time after Boden died. That isn't healthy. So either you send me in a furlough request so that you can pick the days where you are going to take time off or I am going to pick when you take time off." Capp sighed when I said that. "Can you give me February 20th to 28th and August 20th to 31st? Or is it too late to get February 20th?"

I agreed when Capp said that. "Sure thing Capp. I will talk to Severide okay?" Capp agreed. "See you next shift Chief." I agreed and then went to hang up. Jay then turned to look at me and smiled. "Did you seriously just order one of your guys to take furlough?" I nodded and agreed with him. I then went to open my e-mail and went to write an e-mail to Severide.

TO: Severide, Kelly (kseveride)
CC: Capp, Harold (hcapp); CFD Floaters (floaterrequest)
Subject: Capp Furlough Time

Kelly, I just called Capp and let him know that he has a lot of furlough time. I saw that he hadn't taken time off since before the pandemic. I want him to take some time and I hope that you are okay that I requested that he take time off. He will be taking February 20th-28th and August 20th-31st off.

CFD Floaters, can you please send me a list of floaters available on those days and I will select from them? 

Thanks, Matt

Chief Matthew Casey
Firehouse 51