Chapter 287

Matt's POV: After answering the call from Antonio, I smiled as I looked at Matteo. "Hey buddy, how did you sleep last night?" Matt then smiled at the both of us. "Good, I got to stay up until past my bedtime!" Gabby then went to stare at her brother and shook her head. "Seriously Antonio? The first night and you already put him to bed past his bedtime. You are going to kill us when we get him back. In fact, I am going to make you keep him an extra night if you don't put him to bed on time the night before we get him back."

Antonio laughed when she said that. "Like Matt would even go along with that. He's going to want him to be with him the night before his shift."  Thinking about it, I smiled. "Actually, I wouldn't mind if you kept him until the 16th. We can pick him up that night. Then, he can come to the second half of my shift the next day. Then we are off for 48 hours afterwards." Antonio nodded and agreed with me. "Fine, I will keep him here. But that's only because he keeps Theo busy. I swear, great role model for my kid." I liked the sound of that.

"Hey, don't let us holding you back from offering to take him whenever you want. I actually like having some quality time with Gabby, Ella and Wally." Matteo then smiled at me. "Papa, can I see my baby brother and sister? I miss them."  I nodded when he said that. "Of course Matteo." Moving my arm from around Gabby, I then went to change the camera so it was using the camera on the back of the iPad. Holding it over the crib, I smiled when I showed him Ella. "Look, she's awake for you." Matteo then went to yell. "Hi Ella!"

Gabby then shook her head. "Matteo, what did momma tell you about talking to your sister?" Matteo then looked down. "Don't yell at sissy." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Can you say sorry sissy using your indoor voice?" Matteo nodded. "Sorry sissy." Me and Gabby both smiled when he did that. I then moved to cover Gabby up a bit more considering she was a bit revealed. Gabby then turned to look at me, confused. "Would rather not have to make your brother look at your boob." Gabby laughed when I said that and smiled at me.

Antonio laughed too and smiled. "I wasn't going to say anything. But good catch Matt. How did you know she was a little revealed?"  Turning to look at Gabby, I smiled at her. "There's a little box in the bottom left corner of the screen that shows what's on our camera. Sorry if I can't help but want to look there more often but...my wife is beautiful." Gabby smiled when I said that and then went to kiss me softly. "You are just full of compliments today aren't you honey?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Yeah, I am. Always will be."

Gabby smiled and went to lean her forehead against mine when she got an alerta on my phone. She then shook her head and sighed. "Just great, another lawsuit that we have to fight." I was confused when she said that. "What are you talking about?" Gabby then looked at Antonio. "Dad is suing you for reporting him to the police when he lived in your neighborhood first. Says that you guys moving there can't be cause for him having to move. It's a pre-emptive lawsuit." I sighed when both Gabby and Antonio said that. "We going to fight it?"

Antonio nodded. "Yeah. It's not your fault that you picked a house that lived close to him. Plus, he isn't even allowed to be there. It's too close to Firehouse 51. It's within the driving distance. So, you guys are safe. Just say that he is in breech of the original restraining order because it says that he coan't be that close to Firehouse 51. I would know because I was the one who helped get your first restraining order against him. Want me to take care of it?" I thought about it and sighed. "I want to talk to him."

Gabby looked at me, confused. "Why?" I sighed when I looked at her. "I promised that I would talk to you about maybe letting him meet the kids eventually if he stayed away for a while. Let you reach out to him someday. I left it up to you." Gabby nodded and understood. "That's a good idea. But, now he is going after our protection against him and that's not okay. He knows what he did was wrong and he has to understand that we need to be close to the Firehouse. He doesn't need to be that close. Plus, he wasn't there when we bought the house."

I nodded when she said that. "Yeah, you're right. He wasn't eligible for parole yet when we bought the house. So, we were there first actually." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Then I will call dad okay Gabby? Get him to drop the suit. I am on your side. Want to talk to Sylvie and I can call him right now?" Gabby then shook her head. "No, but can you please give him a call." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Sure thing. Now listen Matteo, it's time for your nap. How about you say goodbye to mommy and daddy."

Matteo then shook his head. "No! Me not tired." I then stared at him. "Matteo Andres Casey! Apologize to your uncle and listen to him. You know it's nap time. So go with him or no firehouse Wednesday." Matteo then nodded. "Okay papa. Have fun."  He then ran away to go to take a nap while we looked at Antonio. "Thanks again Antonio. Talk later." Antonio nodded and agreed as he went to hang up. Setting the iPad down, I felt Gabby cuddle up to me more. Wrapping my arm around her, I kissed her forehead and sighed. 

"You want to go to the spa this morning?" Gabby then sat up and looked at me. "What?"