47 | affected

Jimin

Yoongi has been in the ICU for two weeks now.

And Nox is being driven out of her mind. She's cancelled all of this week's massage appointments because she insists on wanting to take care of Yoongi's needs while he's staying at the hospital. Yoongi even tried to convince her on multiple occasions that there's no need for her to neglect her work just to come here because she has to take care of herself and Axel, but she was having none of it.

Besides, she wanted to distract him from his mother's antics because from the looks of it, Mrs. Min and Yoongi can't bear being in the same room without bringing up past unfortunate memories that would automatically stress him out. I have no clue what has happened to him in the past, but judging at the way Nox reacts each time either of them brings it up, it seems as though she's responsible for some of his decisions. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation and she's just uncomfortable listening to both of them fighting.

Nox on the other hand, looks drained. I haven't seen her much these past few days back at the apartment since she's so busy running back and forth between her apartment, her job at the patisserie and the hospital. She hasn't taken a single break and the tiredness and the exhaustion is evident on her face. The warm blush on her cheeks has faded and dark circles are hanging under her eyes. Her voice is faint or at best forced to sound somewhat energetic when in reality all she really wants to do is sleep.

At least Axel has been taking care of things back at the apartment and manages around while Nox is busy and I noticed that he prepares her meals and washes her laundry. I'm glad to see that she's not completely alone.

I also made sure to drop by her apartment every morning to leave her favorite Almond Latte on the stairs with some avocado toast. I noticed she lost weight because of all the stress to the point that she's skipping meals or she's just eating leftovers.

She has been visiting Yoongi every day, making sure he has everything he needs within reach and keeps him company, while I am unable to visit him as often as I please since I have a lot on my plate because of college.

And Evelyn.

I have been checking in on Evelyn and I've dropped by her apartment several times throughout the week. I offered to help her fix the storage room so that she can start looking for a roommate, but she insisted on wanting to be alone in order to get back on her feet. Her mental health was deteriorating for the longest time and whether she likes it or not she has to return back to therapy otherwise she might go off the rails again.

But the thing is, it's not my place anymore to intervene.

She didn't trust to tell me about her illness when we were together, so I'm not responsible for any of this. It's the cold hard truth.

I don't have to do anything.

And if I'm being honest, I don't want to.

I'm already tired from all of the things that have happened so far. Too many things happened at the same time and too much is changing; I can barely keep up with any of it. Of course, what I'm currently going through doesn't come close to what Evelyn and Yoongi have endured so far, so why am I feeling uneasy?

Ever since the accident, there's been this uncomfortable ache in my chest and I find it hard to breathe at times. Sometimes I find myself forgetting how to breathe as I'm spacing out in the middle of a lecture or a conversation and that leads in me rushing to a less crowded space where I can finally cling onto a wall and just inhale. I forget to breathe for several minutes at a time and that's when my head starts to hurt. My lungs feel clogged, urging me to breathe in, just to provide them the air they've been deprived while I'm getting lost in a whole other world that consists of endless thoughts bombarding my mind all at the same time. I find it so hard to focus on completing a task and I hate it when I'm out of control like this.