𝟏𝟎

There was a long silence until Serena erupts into a fit of laughter cutting the bewildered Anna off guard.

"My word, you are far too gullible." Serena states, wiping a tear away from her eyes. At first, Anna's thought process is delayed until she realizes she has been tricked and before she knows it, she slaps Serena on the arm.

"You buffon! How dare you trick me like that?..." Her cheeks becoming red in embarrassment, eyebrows knitted together. Serena winces, rubbing her arm.

"You are quite violent you know?" Serena states, a smug smile resting on her features. Anna scoffs, turning her head to look back towards the river. Serena simply smiles looking at the river as well.

The tension slowly rolls of Anna's shoulders, a bit of realization hitting her.

Was she trying to avoid the topic?

She looks back at Serena, deciding she would ask about something else if that were the case. She wanted to know more about this woman, regardless of how little it might be.

"What is London like?" She asks instead and this time, Serena entertains her inquiry.

"Have you never been there?" She asks, fixating her eyes back unto this delicate phoenix. There's a bit of uncertainty in her stomach, remembering her conversation with Henry. All of this was simply a ruse but not everything was entirely fake. She was indeed attracted to this woman and they were both using each other in their own ways, right?...

A small breeze drifts across the grassy fields, sweeping along the ripples of water. Golden strands of hair blow in the wind and Anna reaches up to keep the strands from tangling all over the place. She's back to looking at the river, whilst Serena continues to admire her beauty.

"I've never left Greenwich. It's all I know and I'm familiar with. I'm never allowed to do those trivial things such as travelling as my mother calls it."

Ms. Gregory is mesmerized, finally taking note that Serena is still in her night dress. At a moment like this, she's grateful she has that blazer held tightly around her body like that. If not, she doesn't know if she would have been able to contain her desires. 

Serena notes that Anna looks somber and almost lonely, no, trapped when she answers her question. She fights the urge to make a promise she knows she wouldn't be able to keep, a promise to carry her away from Greenwich and to explore the world if she allowed it. A mistake she would never seek to make again.

"I see, well, depending on where you go, they're many buildings and factories. Everyone is trying to make a living in these times. If I were honest, I would say Greenwich is better. The air is clear, quiet and peaceful whereas London is always noisy and bustling. There's a lot of poverty but with the train tracks being put down, you could say its a good opportunity for work. However, with the conditions they're living in, I'm sure you would be disappointed." Serena tells her honestly.

She would never lie about the circumstances in London. To the rich, it was a wonderland filled with easy money by exploiting the proletariat. They painted it beautifully in the newspapers in order to shade the wealthy from the tortures that were actually occurring. Serena had seen it for herself and although she hated the sight, knew she was powerless. 

They were divided in London where the rich was profiting and the poor was groveling. She was wealthy herself and honestly had no place since she was also reaping the benefits with her own factories, though she tried to treat her workers fairly.

"I can only imagine. Every place has its faults. Don't allow the appearance of Greenwich to fool you. The people here are selfish, conceited and judgmental. I'm sure they're no different than those in London. After all, we are humans aren't we?"

Serena was taken aback by Anna's blunt sentiment but yet, she found herself impressed. Though she knew that Anna earned her title of the bachelorette everyone craved with her looks, they were too pompous to see how educated and fierce she was. She wasn't all elegance and glamor as they made her seem. Now, Ms. Gregory was even more interested.

"So please, tell me more about London. I want to know it all, the bad and even the good as well as all the other places you have travelled." Anna looks at Serena, a sparkling gleam in her eyes. Serena chuckles.

"It wouldn't be gentlemen like of me to refuse, would it?"

Most of the conversation was controlled by Serena, whilst Anna sat back and listened. She could see why Ms. Gregory was an established businesswoman. She was charismatic and had a way with words to the point that she was constantly drawn into every syllable. 

Ms. Gregory spoke about the conditions in London; things she had never read about in the papers. Child labor, low wages and unsafe working environments. She spoke about her business travels to Europe and North America, some of which were so foreign to her. It was now, she could see how really sheltered she was to what was going on in the real world. She hated to admit it, but she indeed was still a bit naïve.

Anna hadn't realized how long they had been speaking until she could see the once dark sky turning into a lightened grey signifying that morning had arrived. She needed to get back soon before they realized she was gone.

"Are you sure that's all you wanted to hear from me, Ms. Robins?" Serena suddenly asked when Anna was getting ready to head back. Out of temporary innocence, she furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mea-"

A hand runs across the silky fabric of Anna's night dress, rubbing the material between her fingers.

"You are quite brave to meet me out here like this when you know what I like, Ms. Robins." Everything connects and Anna's breath hitches. She had forgotten about the closet, about her fantasies and Ms. Gregory's subtle teases. She was so excited to rebel for the first time that she did not consider her attire.

The night dress is a light blue, barely giving any room to Anna's curvaceous figure. She's not wearing a bra and although the dress isn't transparent, it isn't far from, leaving little to the imagination.

"Well?" Serena leans in to whisper into Anna's ear whilst her hand moves to Anna's thighs, caressing the soft skin with her hand.

She takes things slow, not wanting to scare Anna away but yet, giving her just enough to make her want more. She hopes to make Anna be the one to beg her.

She continues to rub her thighs, nipping a spot underneath Anna's earlobe.

Out of instinct, Anna closes her thighs shut in hopes to calm her tingling core, her heart racing. Just earlier, she was so very cold and now she was burning up with an insatiable heat. She bites her bottom lip but it's too late before the moan escapes, her body trembling. Serena is amused at how responsive she is, they were no where close to what she could show this innocent belle.

"Tell me, what do you desire Anna?" Serena's voice is seductive, coaxing exactly what she wanted to hear. Anna moans softly, her mind spinning with the possibilities. She remembers what Serena said before and with that, she looks up to meet her gaze head on.

"I want you to kiss me."