𝟎𝟓

After dinner with her mother and it was later in the night when everyone was asleep, Dorothy and the other servants had sneaked to Anna's room to disclose some gossip.

"I can't believe she is staying. I heard it's going to be for a few weeks." Dorothy whispered and the other two nodded their heads in agreement. Their names being Amelia, a pretty nineteen-year-old with dirty blonde hair and Bella, a twenty-one-year-old with brown wavy hair. Dorothy was the oldest of them all at twenty-five with short black hair. 

They did not have to worry about marriage since their main life consisted of providing for the Robins household. Anna laid in bed in her light blue night gown and her hair resting messily around her face on her pillow. 

The three girls sat on her bed as they discussed everything that had occurred. Anna decided that she finally wanted to tell someone; it was eating up everything inside her and she knew that these three were people she could trust.

"I'm quite fond of Ms. Gregory." She began shyly, she did not know what reaction she would get.

"What do you mean?" Amelia asks. If she had said this about a man, they would have quickly understood but for a woman? It was hard for them to grasp the concept.

"A-as in I feel the things you feel for men but with her. My skin feels like its burning, my heart races and I feel that immense sensation between my legs. When she looks me in the eyes, it feels like she was undressing me and I actually did not hate it."

She plays with her fingers.

"I know it is not love. I am not naïve to think that. I just feel so physically attracted to her that the thought of her being in the same house as I drives me wild."

The girls looked amongst each other before looking back at Anna.

"We are in no place to judge you. You have always been nice to us and we won't every devalue your feelings." Bella spoke first. "We just urge you to be careful. People are not as understanding as us and won't accept this. People really look down on this and some even class it with sodomy."

Anna let that sink in. She thought about sodomy and for the first time realized that those were just men who loved each other. Yet they did not have the privilege like Serena possessed – it made her sad. It was dehumanizing to think you could be killed for just being who you were whilst children could be married off, prostituted even and that was normal.

"I kind of saw it already and it was the reason why I felt so badly after what I said." Dorothy explained.

"To be honest, it sounds good to know you are not abnormal and can feel something." Amelia says wittily and Dorothy elbows her causing her to yelp and glare. Anna laughed and felt like something was lifted off her shoulders. It always felt better talking to someone about how you felt.

"Thank you guys so much." She felt like she could almost cry. These feelings had been haunting her for so long and she had not realized that acceptance from someone was the key to making her feel a bit better within herself.

They all stopped their mini argument and looked at her. Bella grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "Of course."

It was a rather wholesome moment until the quirky Amelia just had to spoil it. "Sooo, you're a woman lover now?"

Both Bella and Dorothy glared at Amelia who only shrugged. "It was just a question."

Anna sat up to answer the question. "Now that you think about it, this is first time I've ever felt like this for a woman." 

Amelia hummed.

"Well, I guess now you can try what we have been telling you to try." They smirked and Anna blushed.