𝟎𝟗

Although Ms. Gregory told her to leave the room after 5 minutes, she waited an extra 2 minutes because of her paranoia. She also needed that time to calm down her burning cheeks and gather her jaw from off of the floor. Her heart had been racing against her ribcage when Serena was so close against her and then she had to drop that innuendo out of no where.

It had been 2 weeks and a few days since they last talked, yet Serena was being awfully comfortable around her or maybe she was just being a nervous wreck. She needed to remind herself that Serena was experienced and she, well she was still a virgin; never even had her first kiss or been touched by a man besides a kiss on the hand. What would they talk about when they were alone? Would she really kiss her if she asked?

If it were a man and they kissed her, they would have responsibilities to uphold. Marriage involved one of those and Anna knew she would never be able to marry Serena. A life like that, where you could marry and love who ever you wanted without repercussions. If reincarnation is real, she hopes she will be able to live in a time like that, things would be so less complicated than now.

Anna grabs the door and steps out of the storage room, she closes it and sighs.

"Found anything in there?"

Anna jumps, giving a loud shriek which causes some of the servants walking around to halt and look at them both. Taylor raises an eyebrow at his daughter and then at the servants who continue on with their duties.

"Father, you scared me." She exasperated, controlling her breaths and rubbing her chest. What was it and people jumping her nowadays.

"Where you doing something you weren't supposed to?" He asks, giving her a stern look and she swallows, raking her brain before shaking her head.

"Of course not. I was looking for something." She steps away from the door. Taylor untenses, figuring he had tortured her enough.

"I hope you find it." He gives her a funny expression.

"I know I have been busy these past months. I haven't been able to speak to you as much." He says, starting to walk and Anna follows him at his side.

"Your mother can be a bit strict sometimes but believe me, she just has your best interest in heart." Anna nibbles on her lip but immediately stops when she realizes. It's a habit she needs to get rid of, especially when she's anxious.

"I understand Father. I won't disappoint her." They stop walking when they reach the extravagant staircase leading upstairs.

"I know you won't but at the same time, I want you to be happy. I can't get over how similar you both look, not a speck of me on you." He chuckles, reaching forward to pat her on the head.

"I remember when you were this small." He moves his hand to his hip. "It always hurts watching our princesses grow up."

"You promised me you won't call me that anymore." She argues and her father laughs. "Humor an old man, won't you?"

A small smile appears on her face. It was hard for her to spend time with her father. He was always busy, going out, forming different business deals and attending noble functions. It also happens that her mother always pulled the strings to keep them away from each other, she doesn't know why. She always felt in her heart that she was a father's girl instead of a mother's girl but she never had the choice in the action.

"How about tomorrow we go horseback riding? We can discuss and figure out why you keep rejecting all these suitors?" He still has a smile on his face but curiosity is found in his irises. He was a loyal man to his wife and since Martha could no longer bare children, he sadly could not have a heir. With no relatives left in his household, Anna's husband would be the heir to all his assets. When Anna was younger, she always asked why he couldn't leave them to her but he always gave the same answer.