Chapter 28: Mixer and...

3rd person P.O.V. :

After Asta and Noelle's training, they went back to the base without realizing they are holding hands. "Hey Noelle, Asta, you are cute when both of you are holding hands." Vanessa noticed both of them as they immediately let go and blushed. 'EEEHHH! HOW DID I NOT REALIZE IT' Asta and Noelle thought.

Finral walked up to asta as Asta sighed in relief for Finral breaking the embarrassment. "Hey Asta, it will be your day off tomorrow and the next few days right? So, do you want to go to a mixer tomorrow?" Finral asked "Mixer? But I want to train more to get stronger" asta said 

"Hey kid, you need to rest right now. Just go with Finral" Yami overheard their conversation "If you say so Captain Yami..." asta said with a little disappointment 'I want to spend my time with Noelle tomorrow' "What captain Yami said is right. Just take a rest!" Noelle tries to comfort Asta who looks disappointed. 'B-but I want Asta to stay at the base. I hope asta won't fall inlove with the other girls. Aaaah why am I thinking like that!'

*The next day*

At Narin, Finral, Luck and Asta is sitting in the opposite of the girls in awkward silence. Finral decided to bring Luck just because he thinks that Luck is charming. "alright, since everything is served, let's do a quick introduction. I am Finral Roulacase! 21 years old, from Touta. I'm the black bulls' spatial magic user" Finral said as he open a portal and took out 3 bunch of flowers. "These are freshly picked moon blossoms. please accept these as our friendship"

"These flowers only bloom on Mount Anahu and it only blooms at night right?" one of the girls said. Luck and Asta introduced themselves. "We are all friends. I am Erika, I work as a dressmaker" the black hair girl said "I am Helene, I work as a hairdresser" the blonde hair girl smiled "Rebecca, I work at a restaurant" the red hair girl said bluntly but they are thinking the boys are lame and they are losing interest. Finral started talking about his magic and the work as a magic knight

Noelle is wearing a maid dress, pretending she is serving the customers. But she is worried about Asta will fall inlove with one of the girls. "Pretty girl, gimme a beer!" A  man said to Noelle "Get it yourself, insect" Noelle said coldly as she gave him a glare. Then she heard a familiar voice, she turn around and saw Sekke, 2 boys and 3 girls. "You know the attack at capital? I was in the capital, guarding a V.I.P. (lie). I managed to take out a few of the invaders (more lies). They gave me an extraordinary promotion and I was promoted to intermediate magic knight, Bah-ha (Sekke plz fucking stop lying!) It is not like I have any talent (finally tell the truth)" Sekke said as he is trying to get the girls attention but the girls just look bored. "You there, waitress! Another drink!" Sekke said to Noelle as she blasted him away.

With Asta, Finral and Luck started to talk to the girls but Asta and the red hair girl wasn't talking. 'So awkward... how should I start the conversation with her?' Asta thought "Um... do you read books?" Asta tries to start a conversation but Rebecca sighed "You don't need to force yourself to talk. Erika told me to find a nice guy just because of my siblings. This isn't like me, I left my siblings alone at home. I just can't stop worrying about them." She said worriedly.

"Oh, so you live with your siblings?" Asta asked "Yes, I have three little brothers and two little sisters." Rebecca answered "How about you, do you have any siblings?" "I have an adopted brother when I lived with my mom and I was brought into an orphanage after my mom died. I consider the children in the orphanage are my siblings" Asta said "I'm sorry to hear that." Rebecca said as they started talking about others stuff while Noelle is sulking and shocked. Asta noticed Noelle who is standing aside and call her to come, "Hey Noelle, why are you here? You said you will be in the base for the whole day." Asta asked curiously as Noelle blushed 'She is inlove with you dumbass' Liebe is wheezing so hard in Asta's head

"Uh I-" before Noelle can finish her sentence, a drunk fat man walking towards them. "Looks like you are having a good time ya, magic knight. Are you really a magic knight? If this shrimp is a magic knight, then I will join the magic knights too." The man said as Asta just ignore him, then the man saw Rebecca "Hm? You look familiar... now I remember, you are the girl at the restaurant who carries a little kid and sweats a lot while working. Did your man ran away?! Are those brats your kids?!" The man started mocking Rebecca "No, they are my siblings!" Rebecca defends herself but the man continues "So you want to find a magic knight and have a good life? If you want to get a man that bad, then you should get me!" The man said as he put his hand on Rebecca's shoulder.

Suddenly a hand grab on the man's arm, "Oi, don't judge people by their appearance! You don't even know anything about her. Stop this or else I won't forgive you!" Asta warned "Oooh I'm scared, what kind of magic will you show me, Mr lil magic knight?" The man's attention is now on Asta.

"I don't have any magic" Asta said as he sound more pissed "Oh, a magic knight who doesn't have any magic? Is this a joke?" The man said as he laughed. Noelle was hearing the whole time and the man made her angry as she blasted a ball of water at the man. The man was blasted at the table next to theirs, Asta saw an opportunity to escape from the scene as he took both of the girls out to an alley.

"Thanks Noelle, that saved us from the trouble" Asta said as Noelle blushed "T-that's nothing, I am royalty." Noelle said as she flipped her pigtail. "I should better go back, I'm worried about my siblings. Come visit my place one of these days and play with my siblings." Rebecca said "Sure" Asta said as Rebecca leaves, the two look at each other awkwardly. "We should go back to the base." Asta took out demon slayer out.Asta offered Noelle to go back to the base with him.

They are now riding on the demon slayer and there's a awkward silence between both of them.

"Nii-san, you should confess now~" Liebe said excitedly in Asta's head as Asta took a deep breath "Uh Noelle, I want to tell you something..." Asta said nervously "I have feelings for you since our first mission. When we were in the dungeon and I saw you were injured, I was afraid that I will lose someone precious to me. I love you" 'Okay this is so awkward!' Asta thought "B-bakasta, I love you too! But you are always reckless which made me worried..." Noelle said softly which Asta can hear it 'DID HE JUST CONFESSED TO ME?!' Noelle thought in her head as she is now blushing so bad and her heart is racing.

"YES! IT WORKED IT WORKED! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR A LONG TIME!" Liebe cheering loudly in Asta's head.

A/N: Hahahahaha, I know I am bad at the confession part. But did you expect the confession? Anyways, I am back from my break. We've entered the cave arc now! I am going to update Walking on the Wrong Path tomorrow!