Chapter 7: Entrance Exam

A little A/n: The image above is riooo's twitter pfp. I find it is cute so I decided to put it.

*6 Months Later*

Asta and Yuno are standing in front of the church with Father Orsi and the orphans, they are preparing to go to the royal capital of Clover Kingdom for the magic knights entrance exam. The magic knights exam will start within a week and they get there in a week from Hage Village by walking although Yuno can use his wind magic to travel there.

*Few days later*(I'm lazy to describe what they've done during their travel)

They finally reach the capital when the exam was gonna start in 2 hours, they started to explore around the location. 1 and 1/2 hours later, they went into a building and go to a counter to show their grimoire and get the number. "You are 163. All right, next." said the mage who is sitting at the counter, checking the participant's grimoire. "I'm Yuno from Hage" said Yuno "Yuno from Hage... Could I see your grimoire?" asked the mage. When Yuno showed his grimoire, the mage was surprised "A f-four leaf clover?! You are 164. All right, next!" Asta came up "I'm Asta from Hage. Here's my grimoire" said Asta and he took out his five-leaf clover grimoire. "Are you sure that it's a grimoire?" the mage said it suspiciously when he notice the grimoire's appearance. "of course it is! Look at the cover!" said Asta. "Ok ok. You are 165" the mage looks annoyed "Thanks!" Asta yelled.

The examinees went into the center of the building, waiting for the exam to begin. A big flock of birds began to swarm around most of the examinees "I'm getting nervous..." said one of the examinee, "What's going on with this birds?!" said another examinee. "These are the famous anti-birds of the exam venue. The less magic power you have, the more they peck on you." one of the examinee explains to them. "Hey look at him. There's no birds swarming around him!" Someone noticed Yuno. "Oh, it's him! The one who from the boonies who was chosen by a four-leaf clover grimoire!" exclaimed another examinee "A four-leaf clover?!" others started to move their attention at Yuno. "OWOWOWOW!!! ARGH WHATS WRONG WITH THESE BIRDS!!! ARGHHHH!!!!" Asta yelled and started to run away from the anti-birds who were pecking Asta.

"Wow, get a good look at him" "That's a bit too much even for someone who's from boonies" the other examinee said while looking at Asta running all around. Asta ran until he bangs into someone "oh, sorry for bumping into you... hehe" "Do you want to die, kid?" said the man with a muscular body, a pair of grey eyes and black hair of medium length that's messy combed backward, the man is wearing a white A-shirt and black trousers. The trousers have an extra layer of tan leather that covers his outer thighs and down to his knees. The trousers are only supported by a belt around his waist. He also wears a black banner with the squad's insignia on it. He wears it over his right shoulder and it is attached by two strings to his left shoulder. The banner also has tattered edges, seeming to have been ripped off from a bigger banner. 'Dammit, I bang into a captain! Not just that, he's the Black Bull's captain. And he's the lord of destruction, Yami Sukehiro !! I'm DEAD!!' Asta thought and next Yami grab Asta's head with his hand, trying to squeeze Asta's head. "Looks like you are ready to die..." said Yami with a black aura surrounding him.

Someone who is wearing light green shirt, loose-fitting tunic with long sleeves and long tails at the back. He also wears dark trousers and a green pair of wide, knee-high boots that lace up the front. He wears the short Black Bulls mantle and his grimoire holder is on his left hip. He also wears a pair of green earrings., a pair of purple eye and light brown hair came to Yami "Ah, there you are. Yami-san! What are you doing down here?" "Huh? I'm about to squeeze him to death" Yami replied. "Uh, please don't. A captain should not be killing the examinee. Besides why are you down here with them?" the magic knight try to stop Yami from killing Asta. "I went to take a dump, then I got lost" Yami responded and the other examinees started to move their attention on Asta and Yami. "Hey, is that Finral Roulacase? A rare spatial magic user! Famous for hitting on women so much that it's a hindrance during his duties!" said one of the examinee while looking at Finral trying to stop Yami from crushing Asta's head. "And that is Gordon Agrippa! The incantation magic expert! But he's impossible to talk to! Plus he's frightening!" someone pointed at a man with pale skin and short black hair that is slicked back. His face is long with a large nose and lacks eyebrows. He wears black eyeshadow in large circles around his red eyes, and also wears black lipstick and nail polish. He also wears a dark grey jacket red trimming and red cuffs. His pants are a matching grey and are tucked into knee-high black boots. He wears a black belt over his jacket and a black pouch for his grimoire hangs on his left hip. Over this he wears the Black Bull's signature robe. His dark grey peaked cap has a black band and bill and the Black Bull badge.