Chapter 21: The devil-possessed mage

3rd person P.O.V. :

Asta woke up earlier than usual to train in the forest to understand the sword's abilities. When he is doing his usual warm up, he suddenly saw a hooded man appeared at the tree near him. The man is wearing a robe and slowly walking towards Asta.

Asta went to a fighting stance, prepare to attack that. "I won't hurt you, I sensed that you are devil posessed." The person took off his hood and a long black ponytail is shown "My name is Nacht, the vice-captain of the black bulls." "Huh? Why I didn't see you in the base?" Asta asked. "Because I hate Black Bulls and Yami" Nacht said "I will teach you how to use your devil's power" ".... Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?! You know how to use the devils power?" Asta shouted. Suddenly a devil appears above Nacht's shoulder "Harw harw harw~ mister Nacht, who is this little shrimp?" The devil asked "I'm sorry Gimodelo, you are smaller than him." Nacht replied back to the devil "This is my devil, Gimodelo." Nacht introduce Gimodelo to Asta. "Hey nii-san, I think you should learn how to use more of my power. We can trust him since he is also devil-possessed." Liebe appears "Alright Liebe, vice-captain Nacht, please teach me how to use the devil's power." Asta said it with determination.

"I will train you on your day off. Also don't tell anybody about me." Nacht said. "Yes, Sir!" Asta salutes "You don't need to be so formal. Now, I will bring you to a place to make a contract with your devil." Said Nacht as he went under a tree and Asta followed him. Nacht used his magic to transport them to a abandoned house that is full of vines crawling on it and derbis are in the house.

"What kind of magic is this, Vice-captain?" Asta asked "It is shadow magic, I and whatever I'm touching can move from shadow to shadow." Nacht replied "We are here," "Whose house is this?" Liebe pops up and ask "It was a former noble's house" Nacht just bluntly replied back as they went into a room. "We are here" said Nacht as he bend down "But there's nothing here." Asta said, "Shadow magic: Dark garden invitation" Nacht bluntly said. Suddenly the shadow expended and hand that are made of shadow grabs Asta as they pulled him down, Liebe laughed at Asta who looked panic and shocked while he is shouting suddenly a hand grabs Liebe's tail and pulled him down. "OUCH! FUCK YOU WEIRD HAND" Liebe cursed "Language, Liebe" Asta look at Liebe sternly that made Liebe sweat.

Asta looked up as he saw 4 pillars filled with skulls and a platform in the center of the room. "We are going to perform devil binding ritual. You will make a contract with him and formally make his power to your own. It is a forbidden ceremony that puts a devil's power at your command. The ritual requires connection to a devil. Normally you would use a relic linked to a devil as I have." Nacht took off his robe and showed a feather, a strand of fur and 2 claws as he continued "The connection temporary makes it possible to summon the devil to our world. But you are a different story, you and your devil has a deep connection. Your devil need to have a physical body to make a contract."

Asta stepped on the platform and asked "What should I do?" "I will summon your devil's physical body so you can make a contract with him. But first he beeds to go back into your grimoire." Liebe went back to Asta's grimoire "Summon" says Nacht and a figure covered with black mass appears in front of Asta. When the black mass dispersed, Liebe's face is shown clearly. Liebe smiles at Asta "It's been 10 years since I was out here" said Liebe as he stretches.

"You need to fight each other to make the contract." Nacht ruins the reunion "Huh? But we don't want to fight him. Hm.... how about we make an equal contract" The brothers said in unison. "Asta, it doesn't mean that he will listen to you." Nacht said in a serious tone "Liebe is my brother, I don't want to treat him as a servant." Asta says and Liebe agrees, then Asta and Liebe did a hand shake to make an equal contract. A bright light surround the brothers and a band appears on their left wrist.

"Didn't think that you are this foolish. But you chose right." Nacht smiled "I will teach you how to do devil union and use the devil's power next time. It is time for you to go back to the base." Nacht used shadow magic to transport Asta and Liebe back to where Asta was doing his training. "I will come to train you on your every day off." Said Nacht and he disappears.

Asta realised it is now dusk, he quickly rush back to the base and he saw Yami is looking at him. Asta sweat as Yami called him "Hey kid, I know he brought you to train your powers" Yami said calmly which surprised Asta. "Y-yes sir!" Asta salutes as he smiles. Charmy calls Asta to eat his dinner, Asta ate a slice of steak and a plate of pasta while Liebe appears in his chibi form and started eating the meat that Charmy prepared for him.

A/N: Yay a chapter is done! I manage to write a chapter while I am having a headache. Take care and cya!