Chapter 22: The Royal Capital

3rd person P.O.V. :

The next day after Asta made an equal contract with Liebe, Yami asked the trio who went to the dungeon except Luck and Charmy replaced Luck to go to the royal capital for reporting the mission. Finral transport them to the capital, they saw the Golden Dawn are waiting for them.

"Hey Mimosa, four-eyes and handsome jerk!" Asta greets them "It's Klaus." Klaus corrected Asta. "What is that thing on your wrist, Asta?" Mimosa noticed the contract's markings on Asta's wrist. "Oh, this is just a marking that Liebe made it." Asta lied, he promised Nacht no to tell anyone about the devil binding ritual. Before Mimosa can ask him more questions, Asta started talking to Yuno as they started walking off to the castle.

Klaus followed them, Mimosa and Noelle are walking while talking to each other. "Noelle, whenever I see Asta-san, my chest starts to hurt from they day we met in the dungeon. What'sthe matter with me?!" Said Mimosa while she is blushing badly. "H-He is just a-a peasant plus he is d-dense!" (Well... not really Noelle) Noelle stuttured while steam coming out from her head.

Asta looked behind to see how is Noelle doing but he saw Noelle and Mimosa both holding their head screaming and blushing. "What's wrong with them?" Asta asked "I don't know" Yuno shrugs "I think it should be somewhere here" said Klaus as he push up his glasses, "Come here" suddenly someone called them. When they look around and saw a blonde hair man that has a mark on his forehead who wears a red robe and badges are pinned on the robe, he waved at them. "Hey there, come in young people." He said.

"S-sir, I've never dreamed you would meet us directly!" Said Klaus as he immediately bowed down, "Who is this guy?" Asta asked "Baka you are in the presences of the current wizard king, Julius Novachrono" said Klaus. Asta and Yuno are shocked.

-----

"May I see your grimoire? I want to see the spells you have!" Julius asked Yuno with sparkling eyes "Sure" Yuno said it in monotone as he pass this grimoire to Julius. 'I can't believe that the wizard king is a magic nerd' Liebe says inside Asta's head while Asta sweat dropped. Julius suddenly turn to Asta after seeing Yuno's grimoire. "Can I see your grimoire too?" Julius asked Asta. "Sure!" Asta took out his grimoire "It is so loud. What is happening, nii-san?" Liebe came out from the grimoire in his chibi form.

"Eh? Who is that?" Julius noticed Liebe "I am Liebe, Asta's adopted brother, also the devil who resides in his grimoire." Liebe answered. "A devil as his adopted brother, interesting! Can you tell me about yourself?!" Julius said, he changed subject as he clears his throat "Anyways, we are holding a decoration ceremony for the magic knights who've been awarded in outstanding numbers of stars today." Julius led them into a room with magic knights captain and some magic knights from different squads.

----- (I'll skip the award ceremony, I'm lazy lol)

After the award ceremony, they went to a hall to eat. "Something came up, I have to excuse myself. Have fun!" said Julius and he left the hall. "We're being watched by the captains and the magic knights in another way. Why is the wizard king entertaining us like that?" said Klaus, he feels embarrassed. Yuno is drinking a glass of drink, Noelle is feeling nervous for no reason and Asta is eating the whole plate of food with Liebe. "The food is yummy but it can't compare our mother's and Charmy's cooking!" Liebe said after he gulp the meat "Yeah, but everyone has their own taste." Asta agrees. "Asta-san, may I join you?" Mimosa asked "Hm? Sure..." Asta respond.

The magic knights begin taunting about Asta and Liebe. Klaus and Mimosa feel bad for them but Asta and Liebe just ignored them by continue eating. "We are used to it already." Asta and Liebe told Klaus and Mimosa while Yuno is speechless.  Asta saw Noelle getting taunt by 3 silver hair mage, she wanted to runaway. Asta is boiled in anger, he grabs Noelles hand, not wanting her to leave. Asta jumps on the table as he drew demon dweller out. "I'M GOING TO BE THE WIZARD KING! AND STOP ALL OF YOUR TAUNTS!" Asta shouted as he pointed his sword at the mages.

"DON'T BE RIDICULIOUS!" Nebra, Solid and Alecdora said as they drew their grimoire, they tried to attack Asta but he negates their magic. Alecdora manage to use his sand magic to trap Asta as Solid fired a bullet shaped water at Asta. 

"Water creation magic: Holy water bullet"

 Liebe took out demon slayer and nullified Alecdora's magic, then he reflected water back at Solid, making Solid step back. "DON'T YOU DARE TO ATTACK MY BIG BROTHER!" "APOLOGISE TO NOELLE!" Asta and Liebe shouted at the same time "How dare you make me kneel!" Solid shouted in anger as he want to fire another attack spell at Asta and Liebe.(Liebe didn't make you kneel, stupid)

Before Solid can use any spells, a cold pressure took over the atmosphere. "Solid... you don't need to use your magic so willingly on this peasant. A peasant who defies the royals, how should I punish you?" Nozel said as Asta was suffocating from the pressure.

The Crimson Lions captain, Fuegoleon stopped Nozel from trying to do anythimg to Asta. A orange color hair boy approached Asta, "Just like what Mimosa told me, you are sure an interesting guy. I, Leopold Vermillion declare you as my rival!" Leopold said to Asta who is still processing what just happened.

A tremendous wave of mana was released between Nozel and Fuegoleon. There was a thick atmosphere between both of them. Suddenly a mage opened the door and told them the capital is under attack by some unknown mages as Nozel and Fuegoleon stopped.

A/N: Ight, this chapter is longer than the last few chapters, warming up for writing back to 1-2k words. Which book do y'all want me to update next?