Beauty in green

Chapter 39
part - 1

Saturday, December 14th

Lance thought that he had been grateful for the cheerleading outfit that the princess put his best friend in at the first game. He had thought that his dear friend, Allura, had graced him with the greatest thing of his junior year and that there wasn't any other sight that would amaze him as much as a short mini skirt had on the petite brunette. 

 But, for the first time ever, the cuban was happy to admit that he had been very wrong in that assumption. 

Allura had given him yet another wonderful gift because Pidge looked unbelievably amazing…

Lance's heart was completely beating out of his chest everytime he caught a glimpse of her. Everytime she would spin a certain way while she danced with her friends-eyes bright like golden honey shining in summer light- his body went completely numb from the world. His nerves didn't shake a second more from the impending thought over what he had to confess to her. His hands were still and composed as she twirled in her gorgeous dress beneath the fake ice crystal lights. Not an ounce of fear inside of his body made itself known because every fiber of his being was focused on her.

But seriously...
Who even gave her the permission, the audacity, to  carry such beauty so flawlessly?!

Her dress was the perfect silky shade against her skin tone and the cuban constantly had to fight himself from trying to reach out and touch the fabric the entire ride over to the school. It just looked so soft! But not nearly as soft as the short curls that grazed right above her collarbone! The cuban all about had to sit on his hands just to keep them out of the strands because not only did they look like they were as soft and as delicate as the silky number that donned her small figure, but the curls reminded him of the lovable bed head she always woke up with. Bed head that he always loved to play with because it was too friggin cute to resist. The ringlets perfectly framed her gorgeous face and adorable ears as it was pulled half way up. A style that he just knew was the princess's doing. 

Not that he doubted that his Pidgeon could do or come up with something so elegant. She was smart and creative. She could have come up with a style that was way better if she had wanted to. But that was simply the problem. 

Pidge would have never even tried to create such an up-do nevertheless had done it herself.  Especially for a dance that she was only attending to because he had asked her. 

"Allura did a great job," said Lotor as he suddenly came to stand on Lance's left side. The cuban shook his head from the daze that he had settled into and removed his eyes from the vision in green. "The formal looks fantastic." 

Oh, yeah. The cuban had forgotten that there were other things to look at. "She's the president on the decorating committee for a reason," he responded, eyes finally roaming around the large cafeteria that now resembled something of a frozen wonderland.

 A small snicker sounded from the football captain and Lance once again settled his orbs back on him in curiosity. "What?" He asked. 

"You haven't even noticed the decorations, have you?" 

The lanky teen blushed. He knew his friend was probably calling him out on his creep stalking but he wasn't exactly ready to announce to the air around him just what he had been staring at and why. 
So he played dumb, "What are you talking about?"

Lotor rolled his eyes, "Lance, without turning, tell me the color of Allura's dress." The cuban paled. The color of Allura's dress? 

He had been watching his best friend dance with the princess for the past 10 minutes and his brain couldn't even fathom the idea of another color besides green! "Uh, blue?" He guessed, hesitation lacing his words as he spoke. How embarrassing was it for him to literally scope his Pidgeon out and stick onto her like she was the only thing in the room? Hell, the only thing in the universe! The brunette had made good on his proposal and certainly found a dress that blew him out of this world. It was simple, sure, but she still managed to light up his night like a star that he would never forget.